E type prices $ | FerrariChat

E type prices $

Discussion in 'British' started by ECHO CHARLIE, Jun 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ECHO CHARLIE

ECHO CHARLIE Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    What is driving the prices on restored E Type jags? Is it simply supply/demand or a coming bubble ? I know the big Austin Healys prices got crazy for awhile ,but have dropped back some .

Edward

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Seems to me the prices did drop back a little. I'm seeing cars similar to my '66 FHC driver around $75K, which seems to be about $10K lower than they were over winter.

Not an academic analysis, but it appears that way.

3. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I think we are seeing most prices start to soften-- I think many are calling for the current bubble to pop.

As for the rise in E pricing, I think all cars have risen and the E has probably been a bit undervalued. Certainly F-Car and other price increases have a pull through for other brands.

I'd like to get into an E at some point...

4. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    The look is amazing. Current pricing is stratospheric.

5. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    E-Type's are wonderful cars, but they're far from rare. The pricing is all over the map, restoration shops like Classic Showcase sell S1's for mid to high $200's. Yet if you're patient you can find a nice previously restored one for half that, or less. Nice driver SII's and SIII roadsters are around for $40-75k. I was recently bitten by the FHC bug and was able to find a nice S1 FHC in that range as well.