Ducati Owners or enthusiasts? Come on in. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ducati Owners or enthusiasts? Come on in.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by DevonL, Mar 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Congrats!!!!

2. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Apologies for the o/t post everyone but that is a phenomenal 914!

3. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    Well I changed the wires and plugs yesterday and wow what a difference it made! Next up I'm going to attempt to sync the throttle bodies as well as change the belts. Luckily it looks extremely easy to change the belts. I'm hoping the plugs/wires will take care of the slight hesitation/pop that I get when I'm cruising sometimes.

I'm tempted to "core" the exhaust too as ultimately I no longer want to spend $900 on a bike I probably will sell next summer to upgrade to something bigger. Anyone have any thoughts on coring it? Pro's and cons?

4. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It will make them very loud. Almost too loud. Itis an easy and cheap mod. You may want to look for a stock set on eBay and then core those so if they are too loud you can switch back. I did my 748 and then started shopping for Termis but I was keeping it long term.

5. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    Ah alright I see. I mean I like the way the bike sounds now I just want it to have a bit more of a louder/aggressive tone to it. I'll see if I can find some stock mufflers and take it from there and hope for the best; worse comes to worse I suppose I could sell them de-cored for a potential profit.

6. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Cruise eBay for a cored set and save yourself the work. They so sound pretty good but a bit loud. That is the fun of owning a duc, the tinkering.

7. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    #82 camchain, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    if you like old, yellow and slow, how about this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    #83 Seth, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Was this taken at Silverstone for the return of MotoGP?

10. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    Yup, that pic was taken on Saturday too, there was another half of the parking lot with the same amount of bikes, cant even imagine what it was like on Sunday. I didnt have tickets for Sunday but went out for a ride anyways, I live right by Silverstone and I had to wait at an intersection for 10 minutes before there was a gap. It was nothing but bikes all going to Silverstone, pretty crazy to see the roads like that.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Isn't the Ducati Festival this month in Italy???

12. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    That's a beautiful site to behold!

I made the jump yesterday and removed all of the fairings and am in the midst of removing the evap canister at the moment. Bike looks nice naked! I just need to find a way to make the tail look a little smoother now as the taillight looks a little awkward!