Ducati 2016 XDiavel S (Leno, 23:49) | FerrariChat

Ducati 2016 XDiavel S (Leno, 23:49)

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Apr 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Y9-B3bE_4[/ame]

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Nice and informative video, as always from Jay.

Thanks

3. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm not a fan of Leno but I did like this video, thx for posting.

I'm looking at the new Breakout CVO to replace my Fat Bob CVO. I found I enjoyed the feet forward ride of the Harley over the Diavel strada (the closest Italian cruiser I could find at the time) after I had the Ducati with the Harley for about a year. I just recently let the Diavel go.

Regardless that the Diavel could probably lay waste to the Harley in terms of performance, the Harley just rode a lot better (I equated it to a couch ride) and the CVO boost gives the HD the a feeling of performance like the Ducati.

That said, I saw this Ducati in an ad and it got me thinking... maybe this is the one that could replace the Harley(?). After watching this video, I think not. As I could feel Jay say there were a couple things missing that really don't say "I am a cruiser". I guess I really should ride one, but I am less wondering than I was better.

4. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I'm like Jay, e.g. not accustomed to the feet-forward and/or "cruiser" style bikes.

While I haven't ridden the xDiavel yet, sitting on one at the dealer I was surprised at how light the bike felt.

5. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Mine was deliverd last thursday, a dream of a bike that i am getting used to the feet forward position. Feels strange getting on and searching for the foot pegs, but i got over it ok. Cornring at first and still is a strange feeling, i am used to feeling my knee dangle but now its my boot :) I did not take to the S Shiny sceam so i opted for thr mat base model.
    I am keeping it along with my gen 1 Diavel, cant get rid of that, i love it.

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Congratulations! And please keep us posted.

What I've heard:

1) Ducati plans to change the name so as to distant the XDiavel from the Diavel (hardly anything alike between them)

2) Center position and rearsets are in the works (aftermarket?)

7. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #7 kiesan, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    'per the Ducati NA CEO... "Its actually our first official entry into the world of the cruiser market...".

Does he not remember the INDIANA?

lol. But yah this bike was actually produced.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al

I got used to the feet forward ride after I bought a Harley, I don't think I could back. I also like the cushy, "boat" type of ride feel, idk call it age... But I do miss the extreme performance of the Ducati.

I'd be interested if the XDS's ride is kinder (or has a setting to do so?). Would like to hear more comments. Thanks.

Be safe.

10. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #10 kiesan, May 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Technicalities! heh. If that is our reasoning then every Ducati made between 1985 (when Cagiva acquired Ducati) and 1986 (when Cagiva sold Ducati to TPG) is actually a Cagiva.

Holy hell that custom Indiana looks LOUD!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I saw one of these at the dealer 10 days ago. It is a beast. I can see me owning one.

12. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Ducati Indiana = Pontiac Aztec. Best forgotten...

XDiavel looks good. Not sure what the point of the Diavel is now though...