Ducati 1098 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ducati 1098

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Choptop, Nov 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    You can bet that after my first ride, I'll post up my thoughts. I don't know whne the bike will get here, but I'm guessing, in May.
    J

2. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I'm debating whether or not to take the 4 cylinder that I've got on order. Been offered 10k over msrp for it. It's probably too much bike for me at this stage of my life, but then again, it's got traction control.

I got to ride one of the proton powered bikes from Roberts, and it was waay over powered, even at Willow, but a huge giggle on the straight and into turn 8 (had to go down 2 gears!!!!). The 1098 probably isn't going to be raced, there aren't any plans to make 1100 twins legal in Superbike. The 999 is doing just fine in World Superbike, and if they'd just change our rules to make us compliant with the rest of the world, there wouldn't be a problem.

Art

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    We've already got 20 of the things pre sold!! With another 15 on the way once they start hitting our showroom in the spring.

We have not recived any technical info on the bike as of yet, but it should be arriveing very shortly (according to ducati NA, but as with anything Itailian this is very optimistic..we'll propably have the bikes before the service info!!).

That said, in speaking with our service rep about it, it sounds like quite a huge improvement over the 749/999 series bikes. New cylinder head design, all new electronics (thank god for that!!) the list goes on and on. I like the fact that they went back to the singal swing arm set up (much easier for us service guys to remove the rear wheel for quick tire changes and access to the rear brake system (which sucks on pretty much all Duc's up to this point)

We should be getting a showroom bike for a local unvailing sometime soon (thats what they tell us anyway) so if the roads are clear, I might go for a blast with it.

4. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Any news on a smaller displacement SB?

5. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    What dealer do you work at?

6. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    #81 starboy444, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought I'd post this beauty.........

A very RARE , 1999 MV Agusta ORO edition, only 200 made in the world.

This was the first official MV made from the new factory. Magnesium Frame, Magnesium Rims, carbon fibre body. All new duc's and MV's are based on the development of this bike. Owned by a friend, a bike collector. (not me) :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Ah the "ORO" the original and the best of the MV jean pool:)

8. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    I know a person who owns one. They are gorgeous! The owners son is the owner of the Hooters Suzuki Motorcycle Racing Team.

9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Good news...

"November 30 2006
    Ducati 848 if you like

Ducati President Federico Minoli has today confirmed Ducati will offer an 848cc version of the stunning 1098 – if you want it.

The announcement was made on Desmoblog, which is written personally by Minoli, who also showed three computer generated images of alternative colour options for the 1098.

The 848 will replace the dated 749 range as Ducati’s supersport sized machine, and will be shown for the first time at the 2007 Milan Show.

Get your hands on next week’s MCN, on sale on Wednesday, December 6 where we will have the exclusive full story."

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.article&resourceId=6097101&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES