Drove the GTC4 Lusso! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Drove the GTC4 Lusso!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by phishgoldy, Sep 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Sorry to say Brian, overall you really sound negative and maybe even somewhat too determined? also I love the car, left the FF for what it was as, at the time, for a new car it already had an antique interior (focusing on the dashboard offering incl. GPS and like). In the mean time done all the specs of what could become mine and many of the 'inferior' things you mentioned (including the thin leather) altered, so I did address a few of your remarks (even before I had read them :). It still is a long time to go before I will see mine but certainly will be very happy and proud.

2. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    The difference in markets Neil is more than just a currency exchange point. For a start, the base price Ferrari is getting for their car mostly differs per country as they set their price also taking in what the market 'requires'. In some countries it will be somewhat lower as the tax is exorbitant, thus them trying to make it less difficult for their customer. This is a policy with almost every car maker and I assume also with Ferrari.
    The base car prices in the US always have been substantially lower than most of not all EU countries. So even when I take the currency 'gain' Ferrari would make at the moment, the base price is lower than the ones in most countries in the EU. They obviously welcome this and prefer not to give it away :)

3. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #78 Brian L, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Truth is I spent many hours trying to like it. Criticism is always negative. I would say that many people just like the new and that's a strong bias. Others are romanced by Ferrari events, early adoption, or the exciting touch tech, which is under performing. Others yet can't appreciate details like the thinner metals, cheap door handle, thinner plastics. I think the car is corporate, full of gimmicks and macho/generic design lines for men who want a softer ride and more tech. I drive the FF like a race car with 4 seats and luggage, no stereo, and no need for touch screens or GPS with the superior Waze app. It's tighter and more sporty in all modes than the Lusso and it looks better, inside and out. PF design is timeless and the Lusso looks like a mess/trying too hard.

The one feature on the Lusso I like is the turning radius. But to get that you get the soft ride and the real wheel at speed which I don't need.

If you're happy, I'm happy ! Enjoy it.

But all criticism is "negative" that's life. Determined? To do what? That makes no sense. It's just one opinion.

4. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy

AFTER SALES TAXES AND DEALER MARGIN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY MAKE THEM SO CHEAP TBH

5. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    she helped with mine and i think it really will turn out to be a perfect balance - the exterior choice of colour for front grille rear exhaist surroundetc ... combied with the exterior colour colour are key in "beefing" up the GTC4L......