Driving Your Portofino In The Rain | FerrariChat

Driving Your Portofino In The Rain

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Redneck Slim, Jan 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The front tires spray slop and crud from the road through the fender well vents and onto the fender paint. Small pieces of grit and sand wedge between the bottoms of the plastic vent inserts and the paint. So I made some block-off plates from thin black abs plastic using stiff paper to cut out a template. The two T27 bolts inside the fender hold them in place nicely. They can be removed whenever you feel like making a top-speed run on your local freeway.

In the last picture I taped the paper template over the plastic plate to try to make the mod more visible. The top inner portion is not visible because of shadow.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BHMSOCCER and tomc like this.
  2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So good, did you remove the inner car piece to get the shape? What material specifically should I buy? Thx again

3. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I pressed the paper over the area to see where the two holes should be,then bolted the paper in place and used scissors to cut it to the right shape. For the plastic,you might have to get some at a hobby shop like Tap Plastics. The plastic should be thin enough to bend without cracking. I used tin snips to cut the plastic. You can turn the first plastic plate over and use it to cut the plate for the other side.