Driver Change Rumour at Ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Driver Change Rumour at Ferrari

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by YellowbirdRS, Jun 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Oh yes! But the people at the Bild papers are giving their best ;)

2. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    No, the one that helped him beat your beloved Schumacher and Kimi two years in a row.

3. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Whatever happened to all those people who lambasted me for criticizing Massa, saying you should support the team no matter who the drivers are??

Oh yes, I see...they are the ones now crying for Kimi's head and declaring the end of their suport for Ferrari if Alonso signs... :rolleyes:

4. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What works for you one day can work against you the next.

And all of the people here are right... all of the time... ;)

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Now now Neil, that is too funny. Actually I hope Kimi doesn't go anywhere, but if he did, I always felt that Alonso would have been a decent fit at Ferrari.

6. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    +1

I think he is a better fit than Kimi.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    If Ferrari had known that he was available, I can guarantee you they would have gone after him. I still think his approach to the development of the car at Renault would have paid handsomely at Ferrari.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes plus the current situation might not be so bleak for Ferrari: The Ferrari would improve in development as opposed to the McLaren. Dunno how much dev work Hamilton could do, but I would bet that Alonso knows a good deal more about it.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Andreas, I read that Lewis basically took Fernando's settings from Friday and copied them onto his car for the Saturday Qualifying. Senna used to do that with Prost's car at the beginning of the 88 season.

10. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C

This is as absurd as many of the posts on this thread. MS keeps in great shape, and has both the mental capacity and a competitive spirit that is beyond most. He is the ultimate winner, which, unfortunately can not be said about Kimi, whom is history with Ferrari after this season. Someone said that Kimi is doing his job...he is paid to drive and he does just that. BS!
    Kimi is driving for Ferrari! He is paid 50 mil by Ferrari. He is being paid to win a drivers championship and help win a manufactureres championship. He is doing and will do neither! He won the first race of the season...his first for Ferrari...I will bet money he never wins another race for Ferrari. He is a cancer for the team. I would much rather have FA or Nico. Anyone but Kimi. There is ZERO chance he will be back. As for Michael, odds are, most likely against it, but, I don't rule it out, and if he did return, it would be the story of the decade in motorsoprts and just fabulous PR for Ferrari.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    That was another advantage that I pointed out that LH is getting from jumping in a top team with the best driver beside him.

All these things need to be taken into consideration when we judge LH. We need to see LH start from mid grid and storm his way to the front, and we also need to LH in the rain.

Pretty easy to bag podiums from the front 2 rows of the grid (especially with Kimi sleeping in his car), and also pretty easy to win from pole in F1 (consideration has to be given to LH for getting pole in the first place, but again 50% of the credit has to go to Alonso for setting up and developing the car).
    Pete

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're not looking closely enough: While Massa has problems passing people, LH doesn't (remember Sepang?). Also take a close look at the first turn of the Melbourne GP and you realize this guy knows how to deal with traffic. A real rookie (not that he isn't, but one with less talent) would have plowed right into that mess and lost the race then and there. And everybody would have said, well he is a rookie. Vettel did a similar thing at the USGP. Although he was smart enough not to plow into the cars, he lost many places. Therein lies the difference.

13. Brakefade

Brakefade Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Luis
    If I were Alonso, that would seriously piss me off.

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Andreas,

I see LH as talent yes, but I'm trying to 'grade' that talent. Everybody else is immediately saying we have a new Senna, but he still has lots more tests for me to get that excited.

BTW: He already has admitted that at Melbourne that first corner was a fluke ... his own words, but atleast he showed he has a cool head. And yes he can pass, but he was only battling with Massa ;) (that will upset the one man fan club in Ron).
    Pete

15. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Except from getting the jump on starts, and making great use of the gaps in the first turn's, Lewis has not over-taken anyone this year ! There is a big difference between making positions at the start and over-taking during race laps! Lewis's would not be making these great starts without the fantastic traction control and electronics that the Macca's have this year !!

16. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Although I respect Kimi's talents I never saw him in red. Obviosuly, I hoped he would do well but he never struck me as a fit (whatever that means). Massa is a solid driver but not "team leader" material in my opinion. I may not be Alonso's greatest fan but I respect his abilities and apparent dedication. I see him in red far more than I see Kimi in red. Would love to see a battle between Alonso (in a Ferrari) and Hamilton. Rosberg would be a good addition to Ferrari as well. No one else currently strikes me as a good fit with the Scuderia. For now ... I'm a Kimi and Massa fan! Hopefully one or both can keep the pressure on and turn things around in the second half of the season.

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    While I not a Massa fan, he is actually a real person ;) and yes at Sepang LH passed him ... hmmm, okay Massa took himself off but I credit LH with pressuring him off.

Pete

18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    That must not be the same Alonso that did in fact drive off track numerous times a race or two ago, and then at the USGP could not deal with the fact that he could not pass his teammate. The Alonso I have seen this year deserves all the criticism, and more.

Must be two different people.

19. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I have a feeling that I am not the only Massa fan here, just that most do not want to deal with the constant attacks. I still stick with my opinion of Massa.

20. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Even when he was available, they did not go after Alonso except as a potential test driver, they did not want him. Alonso's personality does not fit with the powers that be at Ferrari. Nor with most of the tifosi.

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Question, what makes anyone here think that Raikkonen's job is in jeopardy?

How does anyone know that he is not doing the best he can with a crap chassis?

Do you really think that after only half a season Ferrari would dump their new driver? Even Toyota has given Ralf a few years to get his act together.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    As you should :). It's called humour.

BTW: Your comments about every other driver that you also 'force' upon us all is exactly the same. We simply respect different drivers.

Best
    Pete :)

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Because your mate (pin up boy ;)) is beating him ... thus by implication Kimi must be completely useless :D

Pete

24. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1

25. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

If he were Schumacher, he would have simply punted Hamilton into the wall and continued on his merry way...

If he were Massa, he would have gone off in an ill-advised passing attempt and parked the car into the wall himself.

Pretty selective about your criticism, aren't you, Ron?