Drive this Sunday | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Drive this Sunday

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tvrfreak, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
  2. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
  3. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
  4. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    once again, a fun drive. What did I miss at and after lunch?

Next time I am going to get a head start of 10 minutes on you all... that way I won't arrive more than 15 minutes AFTER you!

The powder blue 360 won todays 'most awesome exhaust note' award. I was transfixed by the jet engine like shriek coming out of that set of pipes as it came blasting up the 17 by me.
    Just beautiful... What brand exhaust is it???

5. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great outing, Thanks Dan, Faisal, and everyone else.

Back to trying to get my brakes to work, sigh :(

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Capristo.

7. lxmichaels

lxmichaels Karting

Feb 9, 2001
    Northern California
    Hey ya'll,

So I'm following Lox out from FLG do 17 South via Santa Cruz Blvd. It' s Lox (Red V8 Esprit) me Larry (Black Jalpa) and 1 red 328 (Gil was that you?). Hmmm, a shortcut taken?

I cruised past Lox (was it noisy?), saw him pullover out of the rear view and I exited at Lexington Resv, 328 passes me by.

I'm only going this far anyway as I promised domestication today so I reverse directions and enter 17 North, a few monents later I see a bunch of you guys now flashing by and zipping south.

I had a nice view for a Sunday AM. I enjoyed chatting and meeting who I did and hope everyone that spent the day had a great time playing with the toys.

Who went 85 to 101 ?

See you all again.

> Larry

8. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Phantasmagorical ! Whizard, smashing, and keen !
    (Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang)
    IOW< I enjoyed part of the run, and the car thanked me, plenty of deposits cleared, Italian tune up performed.
    Now....if I could only get my hands on that special box Eric had in his 512TR, I could do this more often. For those who missed it, this unit is placed pretty close to the exhaust, and when properly warmed up emits a pleasant odor of freshly brewed cofee, with a subtle touch of Krsipy Kremes...
    :)

Luke

PS. Some of you have met my son (and his collection of GTE models). Here is the daughter in the trunk of the 250 !

9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Great Pics!

Sorry i couldn't make it this time.

Vincent.

Love that Dino!!!!

10. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    "The powder blue 360 won todays 'most awesome exhaust note' award. I was transfixed by the jet engine like shriek coming out of that set of pipes as it came blasting up the 17 by me.
    Just beautiful... What brand exhaust is it???"

Very cool, what do I win? :D

As Gary mentioned what you heard was the Capristo exhaust. I can't get enough of it!! It has really transformed my 360, I find myself leaving the windows down even at night when it is freezing (well, California version of freezing) just to hear it more.

-- Michael

11. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    Kudos to Dan, Faisal, and anyone else who made this "informal" event happen....Ben C. nice try on those maps, it's the thought that counts. BTW, you can ride shotgun next time if you like if I'm going the whole way, sorry about today. Had a nice relaxing run with you guys up to SC, but then family duties calls, hope the rest of ride went well.

Faisal - nice to hear the back fires still going on over 17.
    Larry - Love the Jalpa blk/red cool color combo and wicked sounding exhaust. My neighbors would tell me to move if I had your car. Nice to hear it has been a labor of love.
    Gil - Nice to catch up with you again, we want Miura, Miura, Miurrraaahh
    Luke - Finally, a name with a face. See ya around my neck of the woods. Sweet 250 and nice pic of your "luggage" above.
    BTW, that little black box after donuts and coffee will make a mean pepperoni pizza as extra precaution.

E.

12. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
  13. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Actually, there's another few minutes to go before it's all uploaded, but I figure you guys won't get to it till the morning anyways...Tony, are you reading this from Boston???!

What a great way to spend the day! It was a lot of fun--both the drive, and meeting everyone. A very special thanks to those who couldn't go the whole way but still made the effort to join up for the morning. Much appreciated!

Special mention must also be made of Dan and Lox, who soldiered on for another 100 miles in their quest for the golden road...long after the rest of us had turned around. Either these guys have great spirit, or they should not be allowed out unsupervised. :-O

A huge welcome to the folks who joined us for the first time: Dave, Ross, Bella, John, Vasili, Levon, Robert (apologies if I have missed anyone). There's so many enthusiasts in the area--I am sure there will always be plenty of people ready to participate in any event. Maybe we can do a wine-country tour next? And I will fix the weather next time as well ;)

Please let me know if you want anything specific mentioned. I have tried to arrange the pics in chronological order, but there were so many batches I was trying to collate that it was a bit overwhelming. And the watermarks will shrink next time. I just can't bring myself to re-download the pics from everyone and rearrange them and re-watermark them before generating a new webpage, inserting the comments, and uploading it--it's really tedious work. Anyone know how to write a vb script that will invoke applications and send keystrokes? Sorry about the watermarks this time.

14. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Rookie

Jul 25, 2003
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Bill Woodward
    Man, looks like we missed a great drive! Our babysitter backed out at the last minute, I was furious. Later in the afternoon we lined up someone else, but by then you guys had split. Thanks to everyone who took photos!

--Woody

15. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm now following the thread from DC... next stop is Boston. Couldn't wait to get back into SJC to see if anything interesting happened after I left.

Michael, ... what a sweet note your Capristo exhaust puts out. Listening to your car actually makes me want to go out and get a 360, just to duplicate that sound. Geez... this could become an expensive exercise hanging around this crew.

When's the next drive...? btw, it's getting kind of boring bringing up the rear... I have two problems. The first is the V6 versus your 400HP+ 8 and 12's...Second problem is I think my speedo is too fast... when I try and stick to your tails, my speedo reads like 90, 100, etc...so I slow down.

BTW, some bimbo bumped into my car while waiting for y'all in FOLG... caused my bumber to moved around a bit. Should be easily amended without any paint or metal work. We'll see. Just be careful where you park...

16. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I've been on a couple of drives and your Speedo is probably right on. :)

Vincent.

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Guys, this was definetly good times - there were some FANTASTIC photos shot too! I particularly like one taken of Faisal's car along the curving freeway...that's CAR/EVO material right there...

I have just one question: where *were* you guys?? :D Didn't see the red blur until the run down 25 (which is an awesome road).

I had quite an adventure yesterday too...I thnk I may have found a special guest for our drives.

--Dan

18. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    BTW, yes, that was almost reline 5th...i Had to backoff when I went into 6th...the hood-latch light came on (this happened last time, and I checked it before the drive)...and we were running out of road REAL quick...

Oh, and Faisal deserves extra-special credit for his amazing ride home...how he managed to avoid almsot all clutch use is a testament to his driving skill! His attitude towards the whole-thing was great too (all things considered), never once pouting or the like. Most people would've have ended their day in frustration and a towing, but he soldiered on!

--Dan

19. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Tony- there is no need to ajust your TV set ^H^H^H^H^H speedometer. It is functioning perfectly. Right Dan? ;)

PS: loved your exit from SJB. SO gratifying to see someone actually DRIVE their 246~!

Best!
    Ben.

20. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    TOny: yeah...that was BAD ASS. Loved the slide for sure!

--Dan

21. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    hehe... that is one thing the car does really nicely. Peel out from first gear around a turn... very nice controlled slide with not a lot of snap back to the other side when you correct.

And yes, that is what Ferrari's are for. That's why I like hanging with this group... you guys don't keep these cars as garage queens, you get out and DRIVE them like they are meant to be driven.

22. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

Well said!

Vincent.

23. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon

AMEN to that!

Best!
    Ben.

24. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    when's the next ride down here in the Peninsula?

25. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    You already causing trouble? :D

--Dan