Drive it Day | FerrariChat

Drive it Day

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Bluebottle, Apr 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    In case you didn't know, today is Drive it Day, when owners of classic cars are encouraged to do just that - get them out and drive them, so that all over the UK people will see a variety of old and interesting cars on the road. Various events are organised and I joined one of those today - a drive from Chateau Impney, near Worcester, along 60 or so miles of back roads to the Classic Motor Hub, in the Cotswolds.

Around 40 cars joined the tour at Chateau Impney (a sort of French chateau in the English countryside, built in the 19th. century for a wealthy gentleman of eclectic / eccentric tastes, now an hotel) and there were another 100+ cars already at the Hub when we arrived.

If you live in striking distance of the Cotswolds, it is worth a visit - it is a sort of combination of classic car dealer, museum and social club all rolled into one and they hold regular open days and events https://classicmotorhub.com/

Anyway, a picture says more than a thousand words, so here are some of the photos I took today:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

gt4me likes this.
  2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Lovely selection of cars.

Bluebottle likes this.
  3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    John,

Looks like a great day with a fantastic mix of cars; and that little blue Dino....!

I did Wilton, but it was way to busy for my taste; coffee line was about 45 minutes!!! And far to much modern showroom floor cars.

Agree Classic Car Hub is really good; we are very fortunate to have it on our door step. They will be about the first people I call if I win the lottery!! That Ghibli and Bmw Frazer Nash have my name on them.

(Are you going next Sunday?)

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Sadly I shall almost certainly not, as I shall be going back to Exeter on Wednesday. Are you?

Yes, the Ghibli is gorgeous and remarkably good value IMO (compared to a Daytona).

5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I’ve got a ticket, but will also want to go sailing so not sure.

Although I now refuse to drive anywhere on a bank holiday as it’s just traffic jams!! We will see.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I believe so.

Daytonafan likes this.