Dream come true... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dream come true...

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by LAfun2, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ralph,

Thank you for the kind words. I will trade her for your beast ;) :D

Pete,

THe handling is intense, and I am loving every minute of it. Thank you again for all the help and answers with the questions. Have you sold your race bike yet? Send me an email and let me know how things are going. I will try to come down one of these weekends and grab a cup of coffee with ya. :)

Tyler,

Thank you very much. I know its not much compared to some of the toys the members on this board has, but to me it is something. :) I enjoy just looking at it, and definitely riding it. :)

SBJ,

Yeah Sherpa has sent me tons of info on hop up and upgrade parts, and I have been reading couple of forums for info. However I feel that the bike is set up great as it is now, and when I am ready I will do more mods. Most likely, I will keep it exactly how it is now, and add a 998 to the garage 1.5 years down the road.

I agree that the acceleration rush is not there as I am used to on the gixxers. However, I can live with that. I would have opted for the R1 or the Gix 1K if I wanted straight line power. The twins sound intoxicating and you can definitely get lost in how fast you are going. :D

I live in area where people park inside in their 5 car garages and such, and I usually ride in the mountains early mornings without other idiotic cages around, but will take your advice on the car alarms next time I am more in town. :)

Ducman,

Very cool. I love the solid red bikes, but yellow is my fav color, thus I had to pull the trigger. Good luck with your service. :) Thanks for the warm welcome.

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Hey Ryan, where you been for two weeks????

3. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I was in TX for about 6 days. I looked at some real estate there, and went to Austin for 2 days to look at UT Austin's Law school. Currently started work at the firm, about 14-15 hour days, and taking a LSAT prep course. So haven't had much time. Nice name change, doc :D

4. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Bike looks awesome, Ryan! Ride safe out there.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

There's a thread for bike pics in the "motorcycle and car" forum, will you post some pics of the Duc?

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19708

6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Doc,

I don't have a digi cam, so if I meet up with F chat members in So Cal in the upcoming weeks, I will get them to take some pics for you to add to that thread. :)

LASWEDE,

Thanks man. You will probably see me on or around Westwood on Tues/Thurs 10-2pm for the next four months. If you see a guy with all blue gear on a yellow Duc, you will know its me. :D

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Hi Ryan, Totally understand....Enjoy and ride defensive.

8. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Hi. Thank you. Glad to join the club. :)