Door handle cables | FerrariChat

Door handle cables

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mexicruiser, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #1 mexicruiser, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Hi guys, I’m fixing my door latches, these were removed by the PO for a paint job and reinstalled poorly. Some of the springs were missing, the hardware was wrong, etc. I need help figuring out how the door handle wires are installed from the factory.
    I ordered new cables for the outer side handle to replace the old frayed cables, these have a small metal ball as a stop, but the ones I‘m removing are crimped on (pictures). Also my inner handle cables are attached to the latch with a loop and crimped bronze, no bushings or anything, is this normal? Anybody remember how these cables were attached? Pictures?
    Thank you for any help you can provide!
    First pic is the old cable attachment point to the outer lever, it is looped into the second hole furthest from the pivot stud and crimped also the ball is flat.
    Second pic is the old inner cable attachment point to the latch mechanism, looped into a hole on the mechanism and crimped with a bronze ring.
    Third pic is the new cable I got with the part number.
    View attachment 3081906

Attached Files: