Donnington Collection closing | FerrariChat

Donnington Collection closing

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F1tommy, Oct 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    tifoso2728 likes this.
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Hey Tommy, why not add some full scale models to your collection?

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I hope they don't start unloading them all, but they probably will. Amazing car collection.

5. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I recall hearing a few years ago that the collection was already being reduced significantly - I don't know if that was just by returning cars that were on loan (many of the McLaren and Williams F1 cars), or if they were selling them.

I wonder if they are selling off the Wheatcroft-owned cars, or keeping them and just closing the public access.

I visited the Donington Collection museum in 2002, it was genuinely the highlight of that trip to England/Ireland that year. It's a great shame that it is closing.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I wish I could have visited. That MP4/4 was taken off display a while back and sent to McLaren Osaka for display. The other McLarens and Williams cars are also on loan. I'm not sure how many cars they actually own as some owners did put their car there for display as well and not just race teams. They have had two auctions already per the vintage section thread on this topic.