Dolomites advice? | FerrariChat

Dolomites advice?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Panigale, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Panigale

Panigale Rookie

Oct 13, 2015
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mathew
    We will be in Austria for the 2018 MotoGP (Spielberg, August 11-12) and will be renting a 488 to spend the following week touring. I was thinking of doing the Grossglockner...maybe overnighting in Ferleiten), then cruising down to Cortina and spend two days doing Val de Gardena and a few other drives (maybe staying in Sankt Ulrich...prefer smaller venues). I know it'll be busy...but if anyone has any advice for planning I would appreciate it! I have not been....

Mat

flaviaman likes this.
  2. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'll be there too for the MototGP with my family. I stayed in Zell am See a couple years ago which is just north of Ferleiten i believe. It has a cool lake and is a smaller village.Has a castle hotel that Porsche family owns and their family home if you like Porsche.

Panigale likes this.
  3. Panigale

Panigale Rookie

Oct 13, 2015
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mathew
    Have you booked lodging near Spielberg? I made reservations in Graz but am on the wait list for the places in Spielberg proper...was told they don't release those rooms until the GP schedule is finalized later this year.

4. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    We are planning on renting a whole house near Innsbruck. There will be 6 of us this time so we need some space. I like driving in Austria and we are going all over up into Germany and over into Switzerland so I wasnt planning on getting close to Spielberg anyway, but I imagine the hotels and rentals know the schedule and it might get sold out quick. Driving from Graz would probably be fun too.

5. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Around Cortina, I would highly recommend Passeo Giau. Less crowded than the Cortina - Corvara - Alpe di Siusi run, and just a scenic.

Panigale likes this.
  6. Panigale

Panigale Rookie

Oct 13, 2015
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mathew
    Thank you Red-

I'll look it up as I plan...definitely would prefer to avoid crowds as much as can be expected in August!

So much gorgeous driving to do...realizing that one trip ain't nearly enough!