Does everyone love the Veyron? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Does everyone love the Veyron?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by 458beast, Feb 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    Hi
    what about the sound. Could you describe it? Is it similar to the Veyron Vitesse one where you can notice the air coming inside the turbos and when you play a little bit with the gas you can hear the air coming out and in sounds like a whale.

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    x 100.

3. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The Veyron has a different sound from the Grand Sport (haven't been in a Vitesse but it should be fairly similar) simply because when you have the roof off the air intakes are inches above your head with nothing between them, contrasted with the Veyron and the solid roof between you and the intakes.

BAKY, did you get a chance to drive the Grand Sport on GR4?

4. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    thank you very much.
    Just one last question which should be easly to answer when spending several hours inside the veyron. Mayn magazines claimed that there are blind spots as the A pillar are so big. Is it really true or easy to drive with it around corners as the visibility is good??
    Thanks a lot

5. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    The blind spots take some getting used to because the pillars are wide and the mirrors are tucked in close. It made me want to lean into the window when i was turning until I got used to it. You pretty much have to learn to use the mirrors. The biggest thing was backing up because you get tunnel vision between the intakes.

The car is relatively quiet to me except you can hear the tires and air sucking into the intakes. Very pleasant on the highway at 90-100 imo and the Burmeister stereo is so good it can drown out everything.

I didnt get a chance to drive the grand sport, although I really didnt want to since it wasnt mine and Ive been in one before. I feel alot more comfortable driving something when its mine.

6. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #106 BAKY, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
  8. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
  9. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    [​IMG]

First pic is coming over the clearwater bridge on the gold rush, second pic was take from the BCs white veyron as we were cruising on Goldrush, third pic is from dupont Registrys cars and coffee event we stopped at. Fourth pic is just a cool pic with emblem.

10. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    thank you very much for your amazing informations. I still send you a PM.
    Just one last question. When you drive inside a very narrow corner is it possible to see what´s in front of you as the A pillars are so huge. I thought the mirrows could only help you to see what´s going up behind?
    Thanks a lot

11. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    Yes you can see whats in front but if im turning left, i tend to want to lean left also bc the pillar and mirror creates a blind spot....more so than other cars.....thats what i was referring to.

12. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    ah ok thank you very much but i suppose that bugatti improved it with the new windows for the Veyron supersport although rear visibility is worse. When using the car every day you get use to and did not tend to lean in every corner?

Thanks a lot and enjoy your amazing car.

13. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's really not any worse on the Super Sport, it seem like less from the outside, but it's about the same field of view as the original Veyron.

14. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    ah ok but the front view should be better as they improved the side windows for reducing blind spots
    Thanks

15. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Saw your car in atlanta. Looked awesome. Would like to see it up close next time.