355 - Does anyone know this car or dealership? | FerrariChat

355 Does anyone know this car or dealership?

Discussion in '348/355' started by wilhit10, Jan 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wilhit10

wilhit10 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
  2. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
    It may not be very helpful but I believe that's a 355 I looked at when I was checking out a different potential purchase at M4 in 2019.

Wasn't too serious about it, my focus was on a Lotus. But the option to go with this instead did cross my mind.

On cursory examination it seemed to be a beautiful example (again, if this is the same car). My impression was that it was a bit of a driver, although a very nice one, not a show queen. Sounded great on startup, but then I'm not a 355 expert. Just seemed to have that lovely Ferrari V8 tone.

Have no insights on the car's history and didn't look at service records. Not sure if it had a Carfax.

Hope this might help a little.

3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Car looks clean and straight to me from photos (no obvious signs of repair or repaint). Send it to an indy shop and spend $5-6k on getting servicing up to date and enjoy it.

4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Don't know the car or dealer.....but it looks nice.

Needs some wheel work. Airbag is starting to pull. Pretty normal stuff.

Is there an aftermarket alarm in it? There is an LED on the dash pod that's not supposed to be there.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    I'd want a look under the engine and in the wheelwells. Grew up near there and salt on roads all winter means that you may see some corrosion as there is a lot of steel in the car (suspension, bolts, engine harness).

6. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
    This shop isn't too far from M4. I haven't dealt with them but have talked to the owner (not about the 355 specifically) who was very helpful and they seem to do a lot of exotic work. Maybe an option for PPI and/or service.

http://www.possumhollowmotorsports.com/

7. wilhit10

wilhit10 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Thank you guys for the insight. My plan would be to buy it, and pull the motor and fully service it and do a rolling restoration. It would be my first Ferrari project, but I have rebuilt a few BMW M motors, air and water cooled Porsche motors, so hopefully I have the ability to work on one of these(I typically do 3-5 cars a year).
    It is odd that I prefer a project over just picking one up and driving it.
    Thanks for the PPI information, I'll give them a ring.

Culprit likes this.
  8. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    There are bunch of us here that are wired just like that.

9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The 355 Workshop manuals are fairly detailed and easily found on the web. Should be manageable by any competent mechanic.

10. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
    Coincidentally it looks like the PHM shop owner has a 1995 F355. That should be a plus.

11. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Same boat. Lots of air-cooled 911 experience, engine builds, but never turned a wrench on an Italian car. So far I find the 355 very easy to work on. If you're familiar with 90's technology, there are no surprises.

mclaudio likes this.
  12. Donkeykong87

Donkeykong87 Karting

Aug 31, 2020
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    Johnny Smith
    I just bought a 348 from them back in November and saw this car while I was there. There was a gentleman looking it over while I was there...started right up, sounded real nice, drove right out of the garage without any issues or weird sounds.

I wasn’t there for the the 355, I was actually there for a Lotus and wound up with the 348.

I will say this...Josh, who I dealt with, was a SUPER good guy! Aaron, the owner, also showed up and was a good guy as well. They seemed very honest and had a bunch of other exotics there in the showroom and down in the garage. They were straight up with everything, had all the records for my car, and were VERY confident that my 348 would make the drive home without any problems whatsoever. 900+ miles later I pulled into my garage at 3:00 am after spending 14 hours in my new Ferrari.

I would definitely purchase a car from them again! Let me know if I can answer anything else for you specifically.

tres55 likes this.