Does anyone have 348 wheels on their post 86 Mondial Cabriolet? | FerrariChat

Does anyone have 348 wheels on their post 86 Mondial Cabriolet?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by DeAvilla, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    My 87' Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet is at Queen City Auto rebuild in Redmond, Wa receiving a complete strip & paint. The owner offered to sell me a set of mint 348 wheels and tires. I would appreciate any epinions or pictures if in fact there are examples out there with this configuration. Also, would it be a sin if I converted the color from the original rosso corsa to a black. Would this compromise the car's value if it was done perfectly? I have always wanted a black Ferrari but the car was born red. Incognito and stealthy from a distance, I think. I think red makes me a big target. San Juan Islands Puget Sound WA. Can you believe that when I first bought the car in oct. 2002., I was pulled over for no reason other than a once over from this young deputy. He said " It's not very often I see my dream car driving around in these parts." I Didn't mind the observation, but I hate those dramatic red & blue lights.

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Conversion of Mondial 3.2s and t's to 348 wheels is not uncommon. Will try to find a pic or link in my files in the old computer. Although I chose Speedlines (see profile), I will say going to 17" makes a huge positive difference in looks and handling (be sure you get decent and recent tires).

As to repainting, personal opinion only, it will lower the value of the car, and is EXTREMELY difficult to do well without dismantling the entire vehicle.

Would definitely go with the 17" wheels if the price is good, empirically buy new tires (too important a safety issue not knowing history/age of tires). The stock 348 size 215/50 fronts are a good fit, and while the stock rear 255s will fit, 245/45 is a better choice.

Would not recommend a color change. Will verify however that a black Mondial is quite stealthy. Either red or black look terrific.

good luck!
    Russ