Does anyone consider Hublot a top tier brand now? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Does anyone consider Hublot a top tier brand now?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by 96redLT4, Jun 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That's the point, people giving Hublot crap about copying RM but it's not really the case. It's just an unfair criticism to them. Are they doing a tonneau shape because RMs are hot right now and they want some of that action? Definitely but RM didn't invent the shape.

2. motts

motts Karting

Sep 1, 2015
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Agree and disagree. The Hublot is the closest look not just a shape to an RM.
    Kind a feel like they actually try to mimic an RM. But they make a hella watch for 10 cents on the dollar vs the RM. Specially in the latest models using an ElPrimero Zenith hi beat movement( the only draw back at 36000 bpm it will require more frequent service due to parts wear).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  3. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    Hublot meca 10 in house with 10 day power reserve is a bad ass movement also.

4. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    Watches are too personal... you have to ask yourself a lot of questions when getting into the premium market. What do you want to wear the watch for? How much are you willing to spend on service and how long are you willing to wait for service? Do you care much about resale value?

IloveGT, ronfrohock and Boomhauer like this.
  5. spepmiller

spepmiller Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Steven Pepmiller
    I get more attention from young ladies when I wear my Hublot King Cash Power. I think precisely because it is kind of over-the-top. Now these are not always the take-home-to-mother type of ladies but are still fun to talk to. Yeah, it is a bit tragic, too big for my wrist. At heart, I am a JLC guy (love my AMVOX).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Andynyc and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That watch gives you the indexes?

IloveGT likes this.
  7. MichaelSJones

MichaelSJones Rookie

Nov 25, 2020
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael Jones
    I’ve had a Monaco Yacht Club BB for many years now (changed the strap to classic smooth rubber) and I love everything about it. It’s my every day watch and I do t ever plan to sell it. I also have a Patek Calatrava w the coin bezel, black strap and I’m totally sold on PP and plan to continue acquiring them over time to expand my collection - I have 3 boys and want to leave them each with family heirlooms. My next purchase will be an AP and maybe a spirit of BB but afterward only PP. just FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    That’s a nice piece for 10K$

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Btw Richard Mille just replaced Hublot as Ferrari partner / sponsor.

iloveferrari likes this.
  10. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Thank god. The Hublot sponsorship is the reason why I never bought any Ferrari F1 apparel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IloveGT and Pis7a2020 like this.
  11. superiorus

superiorus Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Richard Ballas
    I like Hublot watches - they have created a wide range of unique self-made movements.

greySharkx likes this.
  12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    This hierarchy is missing the most important valuable which is hierarchy of what? Market recognition, value to movement/horology ratio, horology prestige, reputation of complication, resale value, just to name a few.

For example, movement made by JLC is well recognized that even VC used them.

completely agree. I however just cannot fall in love with FP Journe though. The finish of ALS is simply outstanding and blows many brands more expensive out of water.

Plus where is grand seiko?

What is hublot? just kidding.

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    agreed. They invented tourbillon.

Same as car brand, LaF vs California T. know what I am saying? But Rolex is a really a tool watch. Made a million a year. Until one day I can see the open back and look at their finish, they will always just stay there in terms of horology. In terms of investment, sure why not.

14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Rolex holds value way better than hublot. In terms of brand recognition, it is similar to ferrari, nike and michael jordan.

15. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    FP Journe I fell in love with right away after seeing one in person for the first time. Everyone has different tastes though. Grönefeld is a brand I cannot really get into even though they were/are hyped.

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I agree. Most my IWC are true numbered piece that I receive before it is announced to the public. NDA has to be signed each time. Per the boutique, I have the only Mojave here in whole LA that they delievered, even though Mojave is not a true numbered piece. I now only buy truly unique limited piece from them. I am in the process of getting there with VC as well. Screw Patek, I am done dealing with Daniel.

Patek should really have their own boutique here in US, so all these middle man can stop acting like they are the king.

17. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    IloveGT likes this.
  18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    As a description of "Luxury value", I would agree with this food pyramid. As a descript of "utility value," I would make changes.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I just searched what threads we have on Hublot. Remember just a little bit ago when their marketing and trying to latch on with Ferrari Clubs and Dealers was annoying. Where have they been lately? I haven't seen much Hublot marketing at all.

This video is good showing why new Hublot's not worth the money and they are kind of the all show - no go watch.

20. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    The recent Vegas edition watches are cool looking, especially one with diamonds ️.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

rob lay likes this.