Dodge Ram 500 hp's! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dodge Ram 500 hp's!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by fanatic1, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Next thing you know, there will be a Chrysler 300SRT-C

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Oh heck yeah! A Chrysler 300 Coupe with a V10 and a bumblebee stripe.

I'd be all over that one. Sign me up now!

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    BTW that Hemi Magnum I was driving... Not very good Corners like a Walrus (or my aunt Vonny) accelerates well but Brakes leave a lot to be desired. Looks good but....

Then again I am behind the wheel of a H1 this week and it is Tectonic in acceleration and braking is pretty much panic braking all the time (brakes run off Drive Shaft not off wheels)

4. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

You don't buy a regular truck for handling, you buy it for towing and hauling. You can't tow ANYTHING with it and it's got 500hp so why wouldn't the handling matter? At 0-60 times in the 5's you think handling isn't important? It won't haul or tow so all that's left is a 500hp performance vehicle. Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

5. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

A computer consultant recommending a truck? You've never "used" a truck. Those of us who use them know that the Dodge is an office truck. Good for sacks of food and the occasional dog. You do have a good point about the IH though. I had a Scout with about 250k on it. It never broke down, I crashed it.

6. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    What exactly is the towing problem?

7. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    It wont handle it.A combination of the 6 speed only gearbox and the suspension.Dealers dont tell anyone,unless they ask.Its in the manual though.

8. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    What about the Dodge Rumble-Bee truck? I think its got 500hp too (with lots more torque), but from a S/C V8, not a Viper V10. Its also available in full-size 4 door and auto-trans. Thats the truck for me! It looks way-cool in the pearlescent blue with white stripe, just saw one a few days ago.

Maybe once I sell the '01 Ford Triton when I go to college (its perfect, only 36k highway miles, if anyones interested...) I'll look into that thing...maybe not, who wants a $50k truck anyways... Id rather buy a 328! Perfect college car, eh?

9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    to add to the mess the suspention is basically bastardized off the Viper and has little to do with Vehicle carrying capacities or being able to handle the tongue weight of a trailer, the SSR and Ford Lightning have the same problem with only the lighting having any thing and the SSR is just a pimped out Vettruck so....

10. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I think this truck is for people who like trucks but dont like to put anthing into them. maybe they like to be high off the ground and still have the power of a sports car. I have seen them on the roads and freeways, usually younger males who like to hit it hard off the line.

I saw a guy driving one on sunset here in west la. He was going pretty fast and I thought he was going to turn it over around a curve.

Those chevy suburbans, usually, the desert sand colors, are the complete opposites. They seem to always be the ones that drive in the left lanes at the same clip as an 18 wheeler 65-70mph while everyone else wants to go 80.

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    That must be an aftermarket deal.The factory bee has the hemi,at 345 hp.

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I've heard through the Dodge grapevine that a newer version of the HEMI is on the way out with a displacement of roughly 6.1 liters and 427 HP. That should be fun. :)

13. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    That sounds about what I also heard.

14. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Hmm, didn't always push keyboards, thankyewverymuch, but did eventually learn to lift with my brain instead of my back. Think what you will, but FoMoCo and their shoddy 'service' departments aren't getting another dime of my money.

15. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Jesus, the Ford fanboys sure come out of the woodwork when the big bad Dodge is in town.

You can't tow with it? Give me a farking break. You can't tow with your damn Ferrari either, brain crunch. If you can afford a vehicle as impractical as the SRT-10, you have more than one vehicle. I have yet to see a Lightning towing ANYTHING (I've seen a few being towed), so get off your high horse.

My father is a mechanic for the St. Louis transit authority, over 125 Econolines in the fleet. You want to talk about Ford automatic transmissions? Let's go buddy. 50k+ between E4OD/4R100 rebuilds is incredible, usually it's about 40k. These are fleet vehicles, so they are worked hard but maintained on a strict schedule. Want me to talk about Powerstrokes while we're at it? About turbo seals and such? :)

16. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    A dude that lives 2 streets over from me owns an '04 Lightning and he tows his jet-skis and his boat with it.

As for the 500HP BumbleBee, its just like AJ said, 345HP 'Hemi'. Dodge is getting into this performance thing. Id like to see them re-release the RoadRunner with a new version of the Hemi.

17. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Id be there with my checkbook for that BADBOY!!