Do you like the new LaFerrari? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Do you like the new LaFerrari?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by RS6bird, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you like the new LaFerrari?

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Fair comments, and to a degree I agree - *If* they were just doing it for "fun" or to be "clever", I'd certainly be with you. But, as Bob so eloquently noted above, it does improve both performance and efficiency. What's not to like?.......

Seems you're mistaken! ;)

Again, I beg to differ; This thing isn't going to appease too many tree-huggers! ;) Rather, it's at the very limits of automotive technology. An example of what can be done today. They claim they've tuned the V12 for best use at high RPM, the limitless torque of electric helps it out at low revs - Fantastic stuff IMO.

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - I meant to put a smiley after the "Luddite" comment - No offense intended!

2. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Environmental responsibility was the whole reason behind the push for KERS in F1. . . .

You and I know it's not, but it's pretty clear that's the image they're going for.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I think the F1 KERS thing got *hijacked* by a few into the "aren't we green" nonsense. But it wasn't initially pitched that way - They wanted advanced powertrain research which could be applied in the real world - Here's the first fruits of that IMO.

FWIW, while I always look forward to the F1 season, I think 2014 is going to surprise a few people; A baby V6, sure, but the MGUH & MGUK technology is right at the edge IMO. And a lot more "relevant" (for what that's worth! ;)) to cars worldwide.

Cheers,
    Ian

4. Guid

Guid Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Naples, Italy
    Hello everybody,

I think that the new LaFerrari is gorgeous . I don't like too much the name, that I think is too arrogant. In fact if you call this one "LaFerrari" because you'd like to say "this is the best ever", how will you call the next one?

however the engine (or engineS) is very interesting, the most powerful ever, so, if I remember well, 128 hp/lt is the greatest power/displacement ratio for an natural aspirated engine, and a compression ratio of 13,5:1 is really surprising.
    LaFerrari is an excellent combination between F1 and road cars, there are many devices that are derived from the F1, as the speakers underbody flow, kers or the double clutch...

In the and my answer is "YESSS" ... this time Ferrari has done it again! :D

5. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Yeah I am by no means an automotive engineer but it just seems like it makes more sense performance wise to up the power via increased displacement, more boost, etc. instead of adding several hundred pounds of weight to the car.

If it was a few motors and some lightweight batteries then sure it makes sense but you're increasing the mass of the car 10% to 20%. Cars are already fat enough.

Ferrari Mac and Porsche are doing it with their flagship cars but at the same time the latest from companies like Bugatti Pagani and Koenigsegg show no intent of adding any electric battery or flywheel wizardry.

If I drive a Laferrari I will, no doubt, be completely thrilled by the experience nevertheless.

No offense taken, and no offense meant to be given :)

6. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    And what we get in the laferrari and p1 is certainly more exciting than what we get in the prius, et al. :D

7. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Yes, Ferrari has added 132 pounds of batteries plus 2 electric motors and control electronics (electric motors are uber-efficient, by the way, compared to internal combustion). What does that weight give you? 160 extra horsepower, wonderful low-end torque with immediate throttle response (which nicely compliments an internal combustion engine), a lower center-of-gravity, and less heat dissipated by brake pads/rotors.

Not necessarily a terrible tradeoff ...

8. wpbekker

wpbekker Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Wouter Bekker
  9. HK boy

HK boy Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2012
    Del Mar, California
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I like the LaFerrari.

I like the P4/5 more, but this LaFerrari is better then the Enzo.

10. 33guana

33guana Karting

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm very very dissapointed ... the Enzo design seems much more elaborate and even more, the 458 is better than both others: clean and harmonious lines, who designed this "kit car"??

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Far from perfection, both in concept and aesthetics.

But still looks better in my eyes than the Enzo, the Bugatti, the Pagani, the McLaren, the Porsche and the P4/5.

If I only can vote yes or no, it has to be yes.

12. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    Love it! ******** I love it!!!

13. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Miami
    Not a fan of the name and think the Enzo looks better aesthetically. La Ferrari looks like too much, too over the top IMHO.

14. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ditto.

15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    No!

Sorry to sat it, but I Don't like it...

16. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    Yes I love it. The rear is so great looking IMO.

17. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Love it. Just needs three pedals to be perfect

18. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I see many people knocking the hybrid aspect of this car saying either it adds weight, has no place in a Ferrari, put it in when the technology has evolved, etc. Technology rarely 'appears' on the scene in its most efficient form. Big dollars and lots of time has to be spent to develop said technology, and that technology needs to be developed by leaders in the industry to give guidance to others. An efficient solution will be acheived only after many misses. Companies who disregard where their industry is headed will not be in the game for the long haul - even Ferrari.

19. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    Unfortunately, that ship has long set sail from Ferrari's port. :(

20. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can't imagine that would be nice. Three pedal is good for a daily driver, or at least an occasion car. I would imagine most of these car will never be driven, but when they are, most would likely be at the track and its F1 at the track. Even I have come around to that now owning a CS. If you are running to the shops, take another car. If you are going to the track, you need an F1.

21. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Yes i like it !

22. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    +1

They didn't risk or propose anything new

instead they played it safe and re-do the 458
    It looks like an Italia on Steroids or drugs to my eye

name: they tried to sound minimalistic with the name , but it sounds ridiculous IMO

23. Fezzario

Fezzario Rookie

Feb 28, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #73 Fezzario, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    There is no accounting for taste and each man is entitled to his opinion but reading through the interwebs I am truly astounded by the number of people who see this car as being ugly, or who seem disappointed. To me it is the most beautiful Ferrari in ages.

24. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I support everything Ferrari does, some cars i like more than others, but I can honestly say I haven't felt this excited over a new Ferrari in a long time. Almost like a teenager again seeing a 308 for the first time.
    Can't get this one out of my head. Really has it all for me; could care less who designed it, etc.
    It's fast, loud and sexy as hell
    Kevin

25. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    #75 YellowF50, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    I choose no although it does look nice, I prefer the rear 3/4 look, the back in particular.

But I choose no for a few reasons.

1). Like others have said it does have a resemblance of the P4/5 (which I think may of been a deliberate coincidence in reflection of Jims recent insight into part of the behind scenes decisions and conversations) although it should be seen as a compliment to all involved with the project.

2). As well as the similarity to the p4/5, it has a look of a 458 on steroids ( I think the wheels are to blame there), and this is the main reason I don't like it, going like audi or bmw, where all cars in the range look the same. I think it's lazy on the designers part and depressing from a customers point of view.

3). Apart from the 288 which was like a 308/328 on steroids. The F40, F50 and the Enzo really pushed the envelope in terms of styling, and I just don't see it with the LaFerrari, it seems they have spent too much time on making the kers system roadworthy, than designing a stylish future classic. Makes me think it will be a car remembered for it technical abilities rather than looks.

But each to their own. And I'm sure it will look different on the road up against other cars.