do you have michelin tires on FF? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

do you have michelin tires on FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by IloveGT, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Technically, they can’t (their max load is lower than the FF’s max axle load).

In real life, nobody has yet destroyed one (that FChat knows of).

2. dezso

dezso Rookie

Feb 9, 2019
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    BRIAN DETARI
    Dealer recommended Michelins on my FF because of "better ride" after great success with the Pirellis but after about 6 months and a drive to Ober Gatlinburg front left bubled and front right blew out after a few minor potholes in Knoxville on I-75. Would stick with the factory Pirellis

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The Michelins for the Lusso and FF is not weaker than the Pirellis. It's just a coincidence. If anything, I think more people have issues with cracks, drying, and flat spotting with the Pirellis. The Pirellis are not the only OE tyre for the FF, so is the Michelins. From what I have experienced and seen, the Michelins is a much stronger and reliable tyre than the Pirelli.

350MH83 likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There's a weight difference, but here's the thing. There's so much "headroom" in terms of safety margin, that the slight increase in weight will not be a problem. You'd have to push so hard and experience something unique for the wheel to fail. Also, while the F12 is slightly lighter it also make more power and torque. Those wheels can handle the beating a TdF or 812 can put on them, they will not fail under the weight and power of a Lusso or FF.

And to be honest, the weight limit is only exceeded when the Lusso or FF is loaded with four passengers and luggage. That's usually not the situation where you're going to push it to its absolute max. I'm all for safety and don't like the idea of messing with such things, but the particular situation leaves me completely calm. Was it Speciale wheels on a Lusso, I'd say don't, but this is perfectly fine.

otakki and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I ran f12 wheels on my ff for a few years - no issues. Running lusso wheels now.

Michelin ps4s and the car feels like it sticks like crazy!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  6. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    BTW any recommendation on air on preassure for MPS4S on FF? I am currently using 2,4 front and 2,3 rear which is based on recomendation in owners manual for MPS?

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What are your hot pressures?

8. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    2,5 or 2,6, and about 45C give take....

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You're not far off, if any at all. Perhaps try the fronts at 2.3 cold. They are a bit on the high side hot for the temp and don't leave a lot of headroom if you push it or it gets hot.

Bamsefar likes this.