Do you get offended when people ask...... | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Do you get offended when people ask......

Discussion in '360/430' started by 04 360 spyder, Mar 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I went grocery shopping on my 360 Spider this morning and stopped at a red light. An older couple in a pickup truck was next to me. The woman rolled down her window and ask, "how much did you pay for your Ferrari?". I said, "I can't tell you... even my wife doesn't know!"

They laugh so hard, I think I made their day. :)

2. zx9r94

zx9r94 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2014
    Terras além Tejo
    Full Name:
    Lucky number "duas"
  3. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Left my car sitting with windows down for a few minutes as I got wine for a Fondue at a local shop by the train station, and coming back I saw an older gentleman looking at my car all over, trying to peek (at a distance) what my car has in the cockpit.

I said hello and asked if he wanted a better look, even told him he could sit in the car. He said his tummy was a bit on the large side, but I pulled the seat back all the way and told him he should sit down and enjoy :)

Ended up having a lovely 30 minute chat with someone who had his first chance to sit in a Ferrari and he didn't even ask how much I may have paid for it.

I think I made his day by telling him about all the quirks and specificities of the 360, showing him the engine and letting him hear it run. He was really happy, which goes to show that if you stay open minded and share the passion, others will reciprocate with open arms :D

4. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    I seem to resemble that remark.... not the $5 billion part. My other "fun" vehicle is a 70 Ford F100 with natural patina, EFI, and a Tremec TKO. Its roadside tool kit all fits in a lunchbox.....

5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :D

Superb. Exactly my way of thinking. Last Halloween I'd only just bought my 360 and when the Trick or Treeters came to the door the car was on the drive whilst I was in the garage. They were sat in it, revving it etc. Happy trick or treeters that day for sure :)

Just the other day we heard a coupe of our neighbours children pointing at our house and saying "That's where the rich people live". If only they knew :D

6. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was at a car show last week at a restaurant. My friends and I came out aft dinner and I found a dad and his 10 year old son looking the car over and taking pictures. He asked many questions about the car and then got to the usual "how much" question. I responded with telling him I had to go as I had to be at work at 6AM the next morning and that's what it takes to pay for it. The next day was a Saturday, so I think he got the message.

7. AAA430

AAA430 Rookie

Jul 12, 2016
    Atlanta
    In the same vein, when filling up, I often get "... nice car, what kind of mileage does that thing get?"

Response : "in a Ferrari it's measured by Smiles per Gallon, not miles per gallon ... and it's a lot! "

Always gets a chuckle.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree, except I say "not enough"

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I like this :)

10. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed

This made me smile, great reply!

11. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Not 100% on topic, but still related to a third party experience:

I was driving around near Nyon and saw an older brown Porsche with its roof off driving around as well coming from a side road. I slow down to let them go ahead of me and we ended up driving on the same road.

A cycle/motobike (not the very slow kind, but something that can probably reach 80/90kph) ended up behind me, and as it was a 50kph zone (about to become a +70kph zone), I moved off to the side enough to give him a chance to pass.

He passes, glances back at me and gives a big thumbs up :)

The Porsche decides to do the same, moves off to the side and lets the biker pass.

Once again he glances back at the car, but no thumbs up this time...

Ah well.