DIY: 360 - Repair the Windows ECU for less than 50 cents | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DIY: 360 - Repair the Windows ECU for less than 50 cents

Discussion in '360/430' started by mello, Dec 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Poor design implementation by Ferrari engineers. I'm glad its working for you.

one4torque likes this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Maybe it's time to solder in an SMT socket for this part if it seems that it is needing replacement every couple years...you can only heat up those pads do much before they start to lift. In my experience, car manufacturers use the cheapest POS PCB's out there...I even had to replace the buzzer on my 360 instrument cluster and had to patch traces.

3. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I use an hot air rework station to minimize damages but it's still a risk after so many reheating of the pad. I agree with the quality of the PCBs. The PCBs that I get off eBay via China are far better than this POS.

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    It is possible that these IC's are getting spurious voltages caused by the regulator in the alternator

There are no surge protectors in automotive electrical systems, and much IC damage can come from this activity.

Might try putting in a digital voltage readout meter in the lighter socket to see the voltages at different RPMs.

5. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    having similar issues, subscribing.