Dino Saga 080323 _ Long Time | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 080323 _ Long Time

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Mar 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 080323 _ Long Time

Almost three years since I started these Sagas. Time has flown. Went back looking at some of the first pictures. I had been lurking and looking for engine info after a very unhappy engine rebuild. Poor car was running rough and leaking oil at every pore. Saw this old post concerning a Dino GTB “barn find” and realized that it was my car in my “barn.” Had to answer and that was my first post. The more I read the more I realized that I was having an unusual Dino adventure. Probably had more hands-on experience keeping a specific Dino on the road than anyone else on FChat. Talked to Rob about doing a regular “column” about my experiences. He encouraged me, I blew $15 to join Silver and started the “Sagas.” Every Sunday, a page of text and some pictures. Has been fun. Learned a lot. Shrinking the Dino and me down to form the Avatar was a little tricky. Not very many pixels to work with. None of the pictures were awe inspiring at the original 640 x 480 but the response was good. Rob encouraged me and made me a consultant so I had unlimited space to work in. Just checked and some 1022 pictures are sitting in my account. Been wonderful to watch Rob continuously improve the content and the site details. When he went to 800 x 800 x 293Kb pictures I was in heaven. His light, firm hand and continuous day to day involvement in the action is a sight to behold. It was quite an adventure to watch how the mods have taken their responsibility to heart. I am sure it is a thankless job on many days but I can see where it can also be very rewarding with a thriving community to watch over. Seems like we are holding our own in the Dino Forum with plenty of action. Good crew to be a part of.

Went wandering through the pictures and picked a few that seemed memorable to me. Barn pics were easy. The Silver portrait of the Dino and me has gotten yeoman duty. 2005 and 2006 brought many pictures of the engine rebuild and the body re-paint. Made some nice runs with SoCal FChatters. The pack of drug store pictures of the red 4 valve Dino woke me up. Arrived in the mail unannounced. Never heard from him again. Being a consultant has its perks. Have talked to so many nice folks. 2007 was a delight. Only a few Dino problems. Easy to fix. Car ran great. Fun finding interesting routes through and around Santa Barbara. Got pretty good flying low with Google Earth and editing screen captures. 2008 is starting out in the same fashion. Car just says “what you want to do today Boss?” And away we go. Easter holiday slowed me down this week so the pictures will have to finish this Saga. See you at Bella Italia on April 5. Enjoy.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login