Dino Saga 060730___Fun Sunday | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 060730___Fun Sunday

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Jul 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Jul 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 060730___Fun Sunday

Southern California is a hotbed of fast car nuts, actually every kind of car nut. The S.C. Fchat forum is always busy with things to do, places to go. All kinds of cars get involved in most festivities. Non Denominational! Nice to compare. I always watch for things coming near Santa Barbara or within easy driving distance. Signed on for a ride from the San Fernando Valley to the Bacara in Santa Barbara. Objects: Fine brunch in a spectacular setting, chance to show off cars, comraderie. All objectives met, in spades.

Bacara is a destination hotel and spa just north of Santa Barbara. Very high end, on the coast and next to Sandpiper Golf Course. Only advertised in very select media. Exotic cars are recognized and treated appropriately, as are their drivers.

Didn’t make any sense for me to run to Woodland Hills just to run right back. Particularly if I had to leave SB at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning. Made arrangements to meet the group in Ojai at 9:30 AM. That I could handle. Ojai (Oh-Hi) is about 40 miles from the Santa Barbara so I would have a nice run down and back. Other guys would have driven about 60 miles to meet me there.

Got to Ojai at 9:15 and waited, and waited, and waited. Walked across street and took a shot of my lonesome car sitting in the sun. Reminded me of a cartoon that one of my old sales managers had on his wall. Nailed his philosophy just fine. Two vultures were sitting in a tree. One said to the other: “Patience be damned, I’m going to go out and kill something.” The Dino had its nose down and was ready to roll.

Group showed around 10:30. Found the lost one and we got off around 11:00. Traffic had built a little by then. Had to take it easier. To top it all off, CalTrans was doing crack sealing and had CHP running a moving one way section of Hwy. 150. Good run by Lake Casitas and then through the avocado orchard roads of Carpinteria. The Nisan 350Z is hard to follow, had to work a little. Good driver, good car. The Dino still likes corners. Picked up a few more cars at the Carpinteria High School and took Highway 101 to Winchester Canyon off ramp and over to Bacara.

The Valet Master showed his stuff as he lined us up in a beautiful row. A nice 430 across the way watched it all with aplomb. A little electric jitney took all 10 of us down to the Bistro restaurant near the beach. Table was waiting and another couple joined us making an even dozen. Good food, excellent service, priced to match. Ate and talked for a couple of hours. Then three cars followed me back to the club for a little photo shoot. Rest headed home. Got some nice shots, others left and I went to see how my members were doing at the pool.

Great day, Dino ran strong and cornered just fine. Pity the folks who had to go back south. Santa Barbara will do.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Those wheels look good on your Dino. 18 inch? What size tires?

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Very nice,
    Corbani seems to have nearly as many shots of the girls as the cars!

PS - We used to go over to Hope Ranch for photos, great backgrounds for the cars there.

4. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    16" diameter wheels, 8" wide front, 8.5" rear, 205/55 front, 225/50 rear. Great handling!

John

5. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm lovn' these pics from the steamy glass steel and concrete jungle of manhattan..nice dino, really nice thanks for sharn'