Dino Saga 060702___Interior | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 060702___Interior

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Jul 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 060702___Interior

Some things I just have to get around to! Such a little car with such a great layout. And done with first class materials. But showing 34 years of constant use. Lots of small things need fixing but just get pushed off.

Headliner is fine but the foam backing has turned to a fine brown powder. Pot holes give a short downpour of dry rain with a resulting sneeze. Fix should be easy: pull headliner loose over both doors and blow the powder out with an air gun. Will try one of these days.

Dash still looks good but some stitching on the glove compartment has come loose. The no-gloss black surface is still the best I have ever seen. The very low reclining seat position absolutely requires a no reflection surface. Use Murphy’s Oil Soap couple of times a year and surface stays fine. Will try stitching one of these days.

Leather cover on Momo wheel has lost it’s stitching. I bought a curved needle and some waxed thread but have not gotten around to trying to re-stitch. Looked at the Momo site and they only have one size of Prototipo wheels now. Leather is worn through on left spoke so may just go for a new wheel. Problem is size. Size I have is perfect for me. Can see gauges perfectly. 14 ¾ or 375 mm outside diameter. First thing I bought after buying car. Car had a 10” wheel when I bought it and you had no idea what the speedo or tach said. Will ponder the problem a little longer. Never have found out what is standard.

Door coverings are still doing fine. Re-worked them about 10 years ago during painting. Backing foam had disintegrated like that behind headliner. Replaced it and re-glued leather around edges. Left door pocket lost rivet holding spring metal trim along top edge. Drilled holes a little larger. Used 0-80 stainless screw and nut. Touch of Loctite. Still fine after about 17 years.

Re-covered seats with leather during re-paint 10 years ago. Matched stitching and it came out fine. Driver’s seat is starting to break down. Leather does not like sweat or body oils and I wear shorts every day. Bare thighs rub the front edge of the seat and it shows. Will re-do in a few years. Till then, Lanolin. Found that I have to re-dye the seats every 2-3 years. Ferarri leather used better dye.

Carry groceries and wine bottles between seats after going to the market. Keeps them from sliding all over. They rest on emergency brake and the brake boot has worn through in one spot. Some hot oil fumes come through occasionally so have to stitch. Will add a leather pad under torn area . One of these days.

Sure never run out of things to do. But there is always someplace needs driving to. Oh Well. Life is hard in Santa Barbara.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ferrari UK has a lot of wheels, there are refurb companies as well..no experience with them though!

I have found the joy is in the use, not the fretting over the wear, so good for you!

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Periodically swap your passenger's and driver's seats to even the wear out.

4. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    and periodically wear long pants!! :D