Dino Restoration | Page 93 | FerrariChat

Dino Restoration

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Feb 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #2301 greg246, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Thanks for the photo!

3. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    #2303 omgjon, Jun 7, 2008
  4. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
  5. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Top Pick is pretty good Jon. Congratulations. How many miles now and have you played with springs/shocks yet or has that gone away for the time being?
    John

6. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    600 miles and running great.

7. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    That is a great color on that car, so the question is, what color have you deciede on for the NEXT one this fall?

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Fantastic!
    That Dino Met. Blue is such a great color, and shows well in either bright sunlight or moderate skies.

I spent some time at a client's in Carlsbad this past week and I should have checked the local events before returning home Friday. It would have been great to attend this event.
    I see the red 575SA also attended, polssibly the same one from Bella Italia.

9. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Celeste Mettallizzatto

10. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #2310 Kravchak, Jun 8, 2008
  11. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    No. That's avio blue metallic.

12. Scud M3

Scud M3 Rookie

Jun 6, 2008
    Walnut, California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow John, I'm new to Fchat and have been reading your thread here on your restoration! I must say that you and your son have done a great job! Hopefully one day i will be able to do the same! Congrats!

13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    JG,

Have you spec'ed out your Scuderia yet?
    That will add a third variable to the color spectrum in your stable!

14. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    Omgjon – I too am late to this thread, but want to add my congratulations on a job very well done. The car is gorgeous and as you use it, you will have the pleasure of remembering all the things you did to make it so. I just hope that driving is as much fun as restoring it was!

While reading, I picked up a number of good ideas for my own project. What a great idea it was to store the parts by TAV page! It would certainly make things easy to find. I hope to see all this in person some day, which may not be too difficult, as it appears that your new house looks down into my parent’s back yard. I will certainly recognize that car if I see it driving down their street.

One thing I really appreciated was the quality of your photography. I know how hard it is to photograph parts, with all those reflective surfaces and the flash wash out. You seem to have learned a lot about it as you went along. Do you think you could give us some tips? Maybe start a new thread that the guys who run the board can make a sticky for all to read. We all can and should make our photos as nice as you did.

Thanks again,

Tom Wilson

15. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    That would be for John Corbani to do. In fact I believe he has a thread on this. He is the master.

16. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Yellow with stripe.

17. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    It would be nice if you brought your Dino up to the ventura show. John will be there!

Rob

Ventura will host its first serious car show in more than twenty years with the first annual Ventura Motorsports Gathering
    Premier Sports & Race Car Show on Sunday, July 20, 2008, at Historic Mission Park in Downtown Ventura. Admission
    is Free to the public and many exotic and historic sports and race cars will be in attendance.

The promoters are the newly formed Ventura Sports & Race Car Club, which is composed of many local and prominent
    Ventura residents, business persons and car collectors. The featured marque is Jaguar, and many local collectors will bring
    out their rare and historic sports and race cars to make this first annual show something remarkable. The show will feature
    these beautiful and expensive vehicles and attract many new collectors and car exotic owners to beautiful Downtown Ventura.

We are confident that this will be the first in a series of Ventura Motorsports Gatherings that will grow and expand each year
    bringing more tourists and visitors to historic downtown and providing a venue for the many local historic car collectors.

We are actively seeking more entrants. The registration deadline is July 1, 2008. When you register please provide a high
    resolution picture of you car, a headshot of yourself, and a bio of the car for the website and the event program. Please forward
    this e-mail on to any of your friends that you think would be interested. Any show quality historic, exotic, sports or race
    cars are wanted. Help us make this a day to remember.

Here is the events website, it is currently in the process of being updated so all the links may not function yet:

http://www.venturamotorsportsgathering.com

Here are some of the entrants:

http://www.venturamotorsportsgathering.com/pages/registered.html

For more information please contact myself or:

[email protected]

Robert W. Garven Jr.
    [email protected]

18. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Oh my, some character with a blue Dino has already entered!

19. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Request to make this thread a sticky.

Also, Jon and Jim, I'm wondering how effective the Dynamat has proven for you. Jim says it makes a big difference. But Jim has a coupe. I've searched here for Dynamat and found that it makes very little difference for open cars like Jon's GTS. Jon, what have you experienced? Would you recommend Dynamat?

Thanks,

Manny

20. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Manny - I find that the Dynamat does reduce noise in the passenger area. In particular, placing the Dynamat on the floor, inside door skins, roof, fire wall (rear), trunk floor, all seem to add to the reduction in noise.

The main advantage of using Dynamat is that it dampens the "drum" effect found on the roof, door skins, etc. If you tap the roof or door skin without Dynamat it sounds like a drum. With the Dynamat it creates a thud. All in all, if you have the car apart and are not concerned about performance, Dynamat will reduce engine and road noise. It is relatively heavy, hence if acceleration is your goal, you will add about 50 pounds if all the surfaces are treated.

Have fun.

21. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    If it was a '67 Duetto, I'd be seriously interested.

...Keith

22. TheGreat348

TheGreat348 Karting

Jul 15, 2008
    One of the most inspiring threads I have ever seen. Fantastic...

23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #2323 synchro, Sep 3, 2008
    This post got deleted in last Saturday's FerrariChat crash, so I'm reposting.

Jon, Jeff and Ryan generously handed out T-shirts to everbody at Bella Italia and I shared one that I brought back with local Dino owner Danny Z. For Dino owners at Bella Italia they had something extra special, 2 personalized Dino seat covers and a steering wheel cover; just like Ferrari sells fopr the 360 and 430 cars. Jon made sure that Ryan gave me two sets for both my cars.

My Dino had its 35th birthday this last weekend and fellow owner, Mark, came over with his Dino so we could have a nice display for the big Dino party. Mark had also wanted to attend Bell Italia last Spring but had come down with a serious version of the flu so couldn't make it and was really down and out for missing the event as it was Jon's coming out gathering. To pass on the good will I gave him a set of these wonderful covers and he really enjoyed them. Thanks to Jon, Jeff and Ryan for their generosity and spreading around the happiness!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Those covedrs look great...

25. yasmin

yasmin Formula Junior

Hey Scott, where did you get the Dino seat covers ???