Dino Engine Bay insulation material | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dino Engine Bay insulation material

Discussion in '206/246' started by yakxx21, Feb 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 72Dino246GT(Eur)

Dec 1, 2005
    SFO Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Peter Hollyer
    Any updates on the availability? I have a need of one for early an E series (Italian Market built)

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    As of yet Superformance do not stock this item. I'm not sure if the M series firewall is different to the E series so perhaps an M series owner can help on that score?

3. DinoProf

DinoProf Rookie

Oct 2, 2007
    Australia
    I had to place mine around 20 years ago, and used a vinyl, foam composite like that referred to by the link "passenger engine fire wall foam " Synchro at #7 viz, then Niccry #2 viz:

After much searching I am replacing my rotten foam with a product from a company called 'Foam Techniques Ltd.'
    Foam Manufacturer, Foam Convertor UK - foamtechniques.co.uk They will make an 8-9 mm thick reconsituted NBR foam that is very similar to original in density (FT80) with a 2-3mm neoprene facing bonded to it (Ft-CPN) which is quite firm.

The vinyl surface was black and textured and the material would be more effective than simple foam, with the added advantage that it would take up water - and its stood up well for the 20 or so years. Only negative is a tendency to delaminate a little at the exposed edge