Dino destoyed near Naples FL | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Dino destoyed near Naples FL

Discussion in '206/246' started by WILLIAM H, Nov 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Listen man, I'm a photographer, I don't write the damn stories.
    By the way you said pushing an agenda, I happen to have been referring to allowing the American people to have some transparency in the things that affect their lives.

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Fair enough, but the American people don't have "transparency" in the reporting that affects their lives. For instance, the public doesn't know what Democrats plan to do once they take control of Congress in January...because the entire news media let Democrats run for election in 2006 without having to state what they would do.

Another instance of failed transparency is in the NY Times keeping the names of its contacts secret after they revealed legal national security programs such as our bank monitoring program.

Now, I grant that you can come up with "justifications" for keeping such people secret, but my point to you is that you can't have transparency when you keep such things secret.

Another example is the Rockefeller memo. Three years ago Senator Rockefeller wrote a memo to his Senate Intelligence Committee and Senate Judiciary Committee peers in which he urged his fellow Democrats to stall the nomination of one particular judge until one particular case was decided by the previous Courts, as well as urged the Intel Committee to leak all classified information that would make the GOP look bad.

Yet the news media refuses to publish that memo or even investigate Senator Rockefeller's unethical conduct.

That's not transparent.

3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    OK peace here. Thanks for the Fair Enough. There must be some transparency because you were able to find out all these things.
    I will fully admit that there is a lot of bad press out there but like you obviously did to know these things we must search for the truth. I happen to want to believe that alot of people are smart enough to do that.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I heard from his wife this afternoon, brain, body, spine, sense of humor, all OK. But now his face looks like mine.

I am not sure how to take that.

Theos mazeso!!

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That doesn't even border on a personal attack, it is one.

Many of us here know rcraig personally, he's anything but a hack. He's a passionate photo journalist who does admirable work and believes in his profession. He's also a very decent human being.

You owe him more than a little apology.

DM

6. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Getting my popcorn and pulling up a chair...

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    It is amazing how some threads take on a life of their own. Nothing to do with the original thread.

Zannos is doing OK.

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

No need.

I'm not gonna grind on the no doubt v. rcraig issue.

And glad to hear he's feeling better. We all wish him (and hopefully his car) a speedy recovery.

DM

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    Gotcha on that one.

10. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

MMM...no.

Look at the first item that I cited: no one knows what the Democrats will do once they take control of Congress in January because the news media colluded to allow the Dems to be silent about what they would do.

Nothing "transparent" by the meaning of rcraig per journalism there, other than an agenda.

11. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Zannos is now a Democrat. We are all now Democrats. I do not believe he uses colludeds, or any other drug for that matter.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I've gone the other way. Joined the John Birch Society. Truth, Leadership and Freedom for me!!!

DM

13. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    So...was she hot or not?

14. greg44

greg44 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    I've sat here tonight and read each and every post that you all have written about Zannos and the accident. While I've noticed genuine heartfelt sympathy from most of you, I'm sickened to read the crap from some of you!

As someone who has personally rode with Zannos in every car he has owned since 1979 (including the Dino and on that same stretch of highway), I can honestly say that he is a GREAT driver!

He is someone who will do anything for any member of his family, his friends, and just about anyone who has come in contact with him.

I just got off the phone with a common friend who is with him at the hospital. There is about another half hour of surgery left, and all is going well. His face is badly hurt, no lacerations, but close to 20 bone breaks thanks to the steering wheel. Yet, his nose is untouched thanks again to the shape of the steering wheel.

The surgery is being done through he roof of his mouth, so those of you who know him, will still know him :)

Let's all wish him a speedy recovery. I will personally be seeing him shortly and will be glad to extend your wishes firsthand as I know how much he cherishes his Ferrari community.

Regards,
    Greg

15. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Sorry for getting off the thread. Hope all involved are OK and everyone will be more careful after hearing about these kinds of terribly misfortunate accidents. They seem to show-up more often all the time and should be a wake-up for us to be more careful. We probably all take a few more risks in our lives then we should.
    Thanks for keeping us informed.

16. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

+1

17. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but I don't understand. From the description of the accident, are they saying that in this location you pull out from a driveway access onto a posted 65MPH highway???? That's nuts! There would be accidents every day! I'm missing something.

18. greg44

greg44 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm pretty sure it's 55 MPH there in that stretch and not 65. Also, He's out of surgery, was sucessful!!

19. rosamond

rosamond Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    I knew Z a long long time ago. Good to hear his surgery went well, I was sad to hear of the accident though. I hope you keep everyone up on his recovery.
    And may his family get through this hard time before the hollidays.
    My prayers to him and his family
    Rosamond

20. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Absolutely.

And while it's a long second place to the driver's recovery, I also hope the Dino is repairable -- those are beautiful machines.

21. Blocktrader

Blocktrader Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    Mike R.

The "driveway access" refers to the road. It is a frontage road. The parking lots/driveways meet with this road and then this road meets with Rt 41.

22. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    have you considered that the dems have not fully formed an idea of what they are going to do and have not told anyone yet? they were not elected on what they are going to do. they were elected on what the republicans were going to do. and what they have already done. bottom line is-if you want the truth, it's out there somewhere. you might have to look around. i do agree with you that since at least the early 20th century the american mainstream press has been controlled by a small number of wealthy individuals that filter the "news".

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Can a mod split the "Freedom and integrity of the money making mass media" discussion apart from the "Damn that must hurt without airbags" and the "Dinos are small and hit trucks real hard" discussion apart from the REAL point which was....

"We know this guy and hope he gets well soon" discussion?

TIA

And I second rcallahan, lets see the witness....ferret out something positive out of all this!

It looks to me like if we chop saw the car in half, front to back, we can get this thing fixed by Christmas! C'mon ....everybody pitch in!

*sparks flying*

Man, I don't know HOW you folks can politicize a 'Get Well Soon' thread.....

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ...or we could buy a new one, and spray it yellow.........:rolleyes:

I don't know of any yellow ones f/s out there right now.......

25. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Glad to hear he is doing okay.

Dinos must only have the lap belts which is how he hit the steering wheel?