Differentials available for Testarossa / 512 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Differentials available for Testarossa / 512

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Philwozza, Dec 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wintech

wintech Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Pete K
    I just looked on the Ricambi America site and the 155990R differential(carrier)upgrade is a picture of Phil's diff unless I am mistaken.So where does that leave Ferrari as regards current stock of 'original approved' parts of this ilk?
    there is a reccurring theme of the diff issue in threads by Rob(uzzsoarer)Mel(Melvok) and Scott(qwazipsycho) the last 3 posters. After reading these threads; also took a quizz at my diff while I had the motor out, and from Mel's posted pics of his search, was happy to discover I have a rare(reltatively)512M diff replaced in mine! try getting one of those from Ferrari at a 'reasonable' price today.
    I do believe the issue is to be more self-determined through the threads and experience on this site, as opposed to being at the mercy of Ferrari standing behind the their parts replaced on your car. The potential damage done by using flawed Ferrari parts could put them in a position, where they are unable to supply parts at all to fulfill their responsibilities. Leaving you where? No car to drive,No original parts to fix it and No legal counsel that would represent you for free! Ferrari's high moral ground could be a lose-lose for you.
    It appears to me that the 'passion' which created the Ferrari mystique; is alive and well in these forums while in the chrome/granite/glass edifices of Dealerships, it is the business of protecting their Derriere's! (although I may be wrong, being a newbie poster and all)
    Just my 2 shekels worth.
    Cheers,
    Pete

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    More than one solution. Modena engineering in australia sells one as well thats a complete departure from OEM in every way but a great component. Modena's has been around for probably 10+ years, mines been around for some time too. Direct fit and looks OEM plus almost 70 in circulation now behind 1000HP applications or stock and everything in between! Plus it has a life time warranty Melvok ;)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/boxers-tr-m/226140-tr-boxer-crown-pinion-solution.html

3. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just say the word DIFF in this forum and everyone's ears perk up!

It's like saying " I have CANCER"...everyone gasps with horror.

When it happens to you, you feel like you have cancer too!

I, thankfully, am in complete remission. My car is soon to be released from the

"Differential Treatment Center of America"

and given a clean bill of health. :D

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    meanwhile I put in 2 MODENA diffs and have absolutly no problem. :)
    one is in my 1000 hp TR koenig and the other in a normal TR from a customer. 1 MODENA diff I still have here in stock for a second gearbox for my koenig I´m building up again.

but paul: livetime warranty ?? that is new for me

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    New .... to me too :) ! But of course that is good for customers I think.