Did you drive your Dino today? I did! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Did you drive your Dino today? I did!

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Sorry Champ, 83 degrees here...you are just in the wrong place :)

Happy Holidays!

Alberto

2. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#27 dinogts, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    New Years Day Alfa Club drive (open to all makes/models). We took a ferry from West Seattle across Puget Sound to Vashon Island and Maury Island. Great roads (especially Burma Road Southwest, Vashon, WA - check it out on Google maps), fun group. And of course, the locally famous/infamous "bike in the tree." Hard to believe, but there is a children's book about this bike - it has been in that tree for about 60 years. Supposedly it was given as gift to a young boy whose parents were killed in a house fire on Vashon Island. One day the boy left it hanging on a branch and never went back to retrieve it, and the tree grew around and through it. There is some debate about if that is in fact possible, but apparently some horticulturists and foresters say that similar things have happened with metal fences and poles.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Nice pics, thanks for sharing! Keep them coming...it helps cheer those of us buried in snow.

4. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    #29 need4speed, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    I can't quite place the blue car to the left of your Dino. I want to say a Miata rebody?

I should have said the passenger side of your Dino instead of "left".

5. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#30 dinogts, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    I was hoping that other Dino owners would take photos of their Dinos the day that they DROVE them, and post them ON the day that they were taken, or post them the day after they were taken. This wasn't supposed to be only about my Dino!

Come on Oregon, SoCal, Florida, Georgia, Australia, southern France, southern Italy, Mexico, (anywhere - really, including Minnesota, Illinois, NY, etc. - why not)!! Get busy, drive your Dino (even if it is snowing - heck Peter Egan did when he delivered a Dino from Wisconsin to California in the middle of the winter - see: “DINO, Car of the North,” Road & Track, March, 1985, Road and Track), take some photos, and post them!!!

6. champtc

champtc Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    #31 champtc, Jan 3, 2014
  7. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    this does not qualify, still, references to snow and all that....i do not have photos it was long ago. i drove my Dino from London to the italian mountains in the middle of winter. Snow covered the whole trip, i chose to take the st.Bernard pass and stopped for a drink in Chamonix and on the other side in Courmayour. it was a magical trip. if you can picture driving at night, with the top off and its snowing. Crazy? Yeah maybe, At one point, it was snowing steadily, no wind, large flocks. I had been riding in a heated box for a couple of hours and needed fresh air. i opened the window and, then got the idea to take the top off. as i started to drive off, the snow flakes began to follow the shape and contours of the nose and up over the windshield and right over my head, no snow came in the car. I drove for a good while at 30 to 40 mph. the headlights picking out the snow and looking up, long lines of snowflakes flowing to the back of the car, some red for a moment and the black. the wind changed, so on went the top. wish i had a camera phone back then

-K1- likes this.
  8. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    #33 need4speed, Jan 3, 2014
    My parking spot at work. I use my car everyday. You might just be able to see the child seat. My car does the school run as well. Rain or shine.

9. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That is awesome! I cannot bring myself to drive mine on a daily basis but I seriously respect you for doing so.

10. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Mr. Corbani is my inspiration. Plus the Dino is just such a pleasure to drive. It's an event everyday. And in SoCal, the weather never gets very nasty.

11. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    great stuff....

12. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    #37 vrooom, Jan 5, 2014
    hey mark, took the dino out today but wimped out and put the roof on.also had the boat on the lake sat. - a great day ! dz

13. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    You have style my friend. Congrats :)

14. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nice -

Lake Washington, I-90, East Channel, Mercer Island!

I had my Dino out also on Saturday, at Chinook's for brunch, but didn't post a photo, because I am NOT trying to monopolize this thread - I just want to encourage others to get their Dinos out, drive them, take a photo, and then post it the same day (or nearly so) on FCHAT.

Mark

15. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    Very cool Mr. Vroom, very cool!

16. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Gentleman,
    Gorgeous Cars...Stunning!

17. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Sweet 16? :)

Regards, Alberto

18. philt68

philt68 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    new york city

what are you talking about tom? it's 68 in new york city!

(all that sinning raises the ambient temp)

19. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    alberto, its a 1996 ,at that time they called them "donzi classic 16's " but yes it's a sweet 16. mine has a 5.7 v-8 . if the dino were a boat, it would be a donzi 16 ! dz

20. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #45 mebowles, Jan 21, 2014
  21. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Wonderful!

I can't tell from the angle, but your Dino appears to have Campagnolo wheels. Are they original to the car? What tires?

22. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #47 mebowles, Jan 22, 2014
    The Campy's are repro. I decided to put Vredestein's on the car after reading the strings here. I have to say that I really like the tire...they handle well, and look good on a driver car like mine. Here is another pic from yesterday that shows them a little better.

23. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    where in CO? may I ask?

24. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US