Did the B&R racer ever make it to Reno? | FerrariChat

Did the B&R racer ever make it to Reno?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by tritone, Jan 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Was it ever built is the question.

Bob Parks likes this.
  3. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Never at Reno

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #4 Rifledriver, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    From reading up on it I find no evidence it has been built. Certainly has not stopped them from using it for extensive advertising and promotion of their product.

Maybe the failure of the Bugatti recreation caused them to rethink it. I also don't think that canopy shape is workable. We see all sorts of extreme canopies in streamliners at Bonneville and forgetting for the moment the other problems with it the one thing all those extreme angles wind up having in common is lack of visibility due to glare. Everything seems grand and all of the sudden you cant see anything.

They say it uses a Rolls Falcon engine? The only reference I see for those is a WW1 era aviation motor of considerable size and weight making a couple hundred horsepower. I suspect their writer got it wrong somewhere. Looked up the wrong hawks name I suspect.

Bob Parks likes this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Brian- Affirmative, the Falcon III was a 715 lb V12 producing 275 hp that powered the DH-4 and Bristol F2B in WW-I. Power to weight ratio not really suited to anything except large biplanes.