did ebay motors change their search rules? | FerrariChat

did ebay motors change their search rules?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ttforcefed, Jan 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I cant seem to get the same number of cars when I search and sort by price high to low. its like it excluded a bunch of listings. anyone experiencing the same thing?

for example, I see 3 anny countaches, others say they see 6 and more

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I see 11 listings for the term "Countach" and accepting the default "Best Match." Sorting low to high brings in lots of literature and 1:18 die cast models. Sorting High to Low strangely gives less than 11 cars. Sounds like their search "improvement" works the other way.

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol thanks glad im not crazy

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Their search function lately has been completely screwed up. Plus my "saved searches" frequently sends me "similar" when nothing of what I want is available. In other words, they're spamming me.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Set the category with your search.

6. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I've found it hard to search ebay motors now that you cannot search by "highest price" anymore... You have to use "highest price + shipping" which seems to not get as many results.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh its terrible.

auraraptor what do you mean exactly? I go to motors and search for a car

8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like eBay changed their search engine yet again to "improve" one's experience.

Now, when I search Ferrari 308, I get a message "0 results found in the 308 category, so we searched in all categories." The first dozen results are cars, then some parts, then some toy cars, parts, a real car or two, more parts, etc.

It used to be that only cars came up, now we get the menagerie. I have always searched on the brand name (Ferrari) and the model number (308) without having the useless crap foisted on me.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh it blows - definitely has to impact sales - people say they see xyz cars on ebay and I cant find them.

10. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Yes, its terrible. If you select make and model. It gives you everything related to that make and model. From parts to model cars and the actual cars. if I wanted the parts or toys I would have searched those sections! Its very hard to contact EBay and complain!

11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Try the eBay motors app. Works much better.