DFW O/T: Share Your Favorite Restaurants | FerrariChat

DFW O/T: Share Your Favorite Restaurants

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Dec 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've decided I'm in a rut. When I eat out, I tend to eat at the same places because nothing bugs me more than a below average meal. Rather than roll the dice, lets all help each other. Tell us about the restaurants that you actually crave their food. Post your favorites here, by category.

I'll start:

Hamburgers: Snuffers or The Keg
    Italian: Patrizio or Michael Mark's Trattoria (MM's is a small neighborhood place, corner of Custer and Lookout. I highly recommend it, especially on Wed when all wine is 1/2 price.)
    Steak: Bobs Steak and Chop House. All others are #2. Also Del Frisco's or Ruths Chris if we take the kids. We tried the new BLT Steak Saturday night, it was good but not great. I won't rush back.
    Mexican: Chuys. That's it, it's my only favorite. I've tried all the others and they're fine, but don't love any of them.
    Mexican 2: Javiers. It's not TexMex, is actually in a category of it's own. Love the place.
    Pizza: iFratelli in Irving. Or Campisi's, but iFratelli is better IMO.
    Cajun: Shuck and Jive and Razzoos. Brian, you can mail me the check! :) I used to LOVE Copelands in Addison, but it's gone.
    Seafood: Jim don't eat seafood.
    BBQ:Spring Creek is my favorite, but only because of the bread.

2. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Mexican: On The Border on Knox, Mi Cocina in Highland Park Village (sorta)
    American: BJ's Brewry in Addison on Belt Line, Celebration on Lover's Lane, Good Eats on Oak Lawn (Highly recommend the grilled chicken)
    Italian: Campisi's on Lover's Lane near Inwood (recommend lasagna)
    BBQ: impossible to beat Sonny Bryans on Lover's Lane (hands down the best in town, you can't beat their BBQ sauce)

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Hamburgers: Snuffers
    Italian: Patrizio or Siciliano's
    Steak: Four Winds Steak House (East of Terrell about 10 minutes but no other steak house even comes close )
    Mexican: Tupinamba for Tex Mex - Javier's for authentic
    Pizza: BJ's Brewhouse has some great pizza
    Cajun: Shuck and Jive
    Seafood: Not a seafood lover
    BBQ: Red Hot & Blue

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Blue Messa has great Southwestern.
    Cowboy chicken is good, cheap, and quick for lunch. On Preston or Greenville.
    Also anything Thai or Vietnamese

5. globalm3

globalm3 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Sushi: Kota in Starwood Frisco TX
    Mexican: La Hacianda Frisco TX (they have been thier forever one my favorite mexican places)
    Steak: Texas Roadhouse McKinney (very affortable and a great steak)

Italian/Pizza: Ofcourse my place Luigis ;) or my brothers Sicilys been in Mckinney/Frisco for 16 years try us out ;) if my Porsche is parked in back or front im thier usually ill take care you. Dont come on weekends or I wont have the chance to talk cars :)

some other places we go i just cant rem.

6. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Aside from Chuy's (already mentioned)....my favorite is FreeBird's!!! Can't complain with a Monster Burrito made just like you like it. MMmmmmmmm. :-D

Locations: South Fort Worth, Addison, and on Greenville/Lover's.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jennie may have different opinions, but…

Hamburgers: Snuffers or The Keg good, also Kincaid's.
    Italian: Italian Café in Grapevine (BYOW). Brio good for happy hour, but not crazy about the high priced food.
    Steak: Outback! Seriously, Jennie and I have been to all the top steak houses and prefer Outback. :) Atmosphere is lacking of course and that's why we still do all the high ends now and then.
    Mexican: Uncle Julio's is our favorite. Blue Mesa for brunch. Cristina's for lunch.
    BBQ:Haven't found anything in Texas that compares to some places in Kansas.
    Comfort Food:Po Melvin's in Southlake or Babe's in Roanoke.

Wish we had a good Indian buffet this way, we'll go to Pasand Indian Cuisine over on Beltline by Irving Mall (Hooters). Very good and takes care of my Indian craving now and then, but too far away. For Chinese and Sushi Jennie and I have a hole in the wall place that we go to 1-2 times a week and love it, but would never recommend it. Also like a little Thai kick now and then Thai Chili in Southlake Town Center.

8. Prova7

Prova7 Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    DamonB
    Hamburgers: Snuffers (sit down), Burger Street (to go).
    Italian: Anywhere with good lasagna. Cafe Cipriati in Las Colinas is good.
    Steak: Anywhere you'd go to have a decent steak is merely decent, no matter the price. We like them better at home. I love steak, never order it when out though. We do hit Lawry's for prime rib now and then and it's always excellent.
    Mexican: Graciela's in Addison. Small place with good food. Or the original Herrerra's on Josey in Carrollton. Chorizo con juevos served all day!
    Pizza: eh. Pizza is pizza. As long as the beer is cold.
    Cajun: Another vote for the defunct Copelands. Po' Melvins has some good cajun dishes though (I eat lunch at the one in Irving).
    Seafood: Lefty's in Addison, especially if you love lobster. Another small place I've been recommending for years and have never heard a complaint. We love it.
    BBQ: Hard 8 in Coppell. Eat way too much every time I go. If I go for lunch, no need for dinner that night.
    Diner: Norma's in Addison. I've eaten everything on the menu at least a dozen times. Excellent blue plate specials at lunch and some of the best pancakes you'll ever have for breakfast.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    One is open in Southlake Town Center now. I had been to one at Prestonwood too.

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I just learned this! I'll be having lunch there tomorrow. No kidding.

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Steak: Ruth Chris or III Forks
    Mexican: Joe T Garcia's Ft. Worth
    Pizza: Brother's Pizza Meadow and I-75
    Burger: Kincaid's or Burger House
    Italian: Penne Pomodoro either location
    Greek: Kosta Cafe off Greenville N. of Mockingbird
    Cheese Fries: Snuffer's !
    Feel Good Food: Babe's Sanger

Oh and all around good place to eat, drink, hang out, Houston's off NW Hwy and Preston

Steve

To Be Continued.....

12. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge

Rob-

Try Indya Fusion at 635/MacArthur. They do brunch at lunch and on weekends. Garret makes me drive all the way from Plano on the weekends to eat there.

http://www.indyafusion.com/

Frances

13. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
  14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks Frances! Had no idea about Indya Fusion, closer than the other one.

15. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Vietnamese- Mai’s. 4812 Bryan St in Dallas. Get the Hotpot fish, cucumber salad and the iced coffee.

Hamburger- Sorry to burst everyone bubble, but Wingfields in Oak Cliff beats even Kincaid’s. Its take out only. Closed Sundays, don’t take your Ferrari.

Sushi- Steel in Oak Lawn. Expensive date place, but it also has Bordeaux by the glass and Beef or Chicken Satay for the non-sushi eater in your party.

Sushi again- Teppo Yakitori- The cool thing here is while you wait for your table, you can go next door to Moosh Bar. It is their members only bar, and you will be the only one in the place. It’s like having your own private bar. It’s on Greenville Ave.

Steak- Sullivans. Next to Carson’s Live. Meat, Jazz, and on Sunday, the wine is half price.

Aniversary-The French Room. It’s in the Adolphus hotel downtown Dallas, and it’s a fancy French Restaurant. Jacket and Tie.

Hot Dog- Wild About Harry’s is the only place I know. It’s on Knox/Henderson by 75. If you know of any other hotdog place, let me know. This place is great, just looking for a new wiener.

Wine bar- Mercy. 100 wines by the glass. Try the Moscato d’Asti with grilled cheese sandwich. The Moscato is a sweet white with an apple nose, and the grilled cheese has thinly sliced apples in it. Perfect together. Its on Beltline just east of the tollway.

Hawaiian- Roy’s. If you didn’t go with us to Roy’s for the Fine Dining event, you should try it. If you did, you should go again. One time I asked the manager about the spicy calamari which was only in Newport Beach, and not here. He said he just got back from there and knew the recipe. He went to the kitchen, taught the chef, and viola’. We had an off the menu appetizer. That’s customer service.

Lasagna- Maggiano’s in North Park Mall. Big enough for two.

Happy hour food- At the bar in McCormick and Schmicks in Northpark Mall. Super high quality seafood for $1-$4. Unbelievable prices compared to their menu prices.

16. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Hamburgers: Scotty P's hamburgers - Firewheel mall
    Italian: Magiano's
    Steak: The Palm or Fogo de Chow (depends on whether I am in the mood to gorge myself or not)
    Mexican: Casa Milagua (NE corner plano and campbell)
    Pizza: Sali's (in north garland)
    Pizza: best in US. Lombardi's in New York City. corner of mulberry and canal. Worth the drive. Future road rally?
    Cajun: Shuck and Jive - of course.
    BBQ - Dallas: Dickey's or Rudy's
    BBQ - East Texas: Outlaw (by the lake house) If you are ever driving through Daingerfield, yes that is spelled correctly, you have to try Outlaw BBQ
    French: LeVandou (south of bush on preston)
    German: Baverian Grill (75 and parker road in plano)
    Deli: Black Forest bakery (NW hwy and greenville)
    Bar food: Two Row's
    Chinese: PF Chang's
    Casual Dining: Cheddar's

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    BBQ - Shady Oak in North Ft Worth, Railhead Smokehouse off West Vickery, or the Angelo's Barbecue on White Settlement near Downtown.
    Burgers- Fred’s Café, best hole in the wall beer & burger place in the heart of the cultural district. Tommy's is also place worth checking out, many location in Ft Worth.
    Chinese – Schezwan on Locke west Ft Worth & Pei Wei at Montgomery Plaza.
    Japanese – Tokyo Café west Ft Worth. Solid Japanese cuisine with respectable offering of sushi.
    Italian – Bella Italia West in west Ft Worth & Bellagio Italian Restaurant in TCU.
    Steaks – Texas De Brazil downtown, Cattleman's Steakhouse in the stockyards, & The Hoffbrau near Colonial Country Club.
    Mexican – La Familia in the cultural district on Foch St & La Gardenia Bakery & Mexican Food near the Mattel outlet in north Ft Worth.
    German – Edelweiss, west ft worth of the Weatherford Traffic Circle. Known for great food German beer, & live music.
    Cajun - Razoo’s downtown, Ft Worth's selection of Cajun places are very limited
    Deli - Baker Bros at Montgomery Plaza.
    Seafood – not a fan of the stuff.

18. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Hamburgers: The Angry Dog. Backyard Burgers is also pretty good.
    Italian: Patrizios
    Steak: Bobs
    Mexican: Cantina Loredo
    Pizza: iFratelli (we do delivery at least 3 times a month).
    Cajun: Razzoos
    Seafood: Newports
    BBQ: Sonny Bryans

19. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Yes!

My palate is unrefined. However, that place over in RobertC's 'hood, what's it called, Ciudad? Good enchiladas.

20. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    We are pretty much health food nuts. Vegetarians almost. I could easily survive on Snuffers Cheese Fries . You have the fries ( potatoes thus veggies or starches), cheese ( thus dairy) and jalepenoes and chives ( more veggies). A little bacon never hurt anyone... either.

21. kwiker

kwiker Karting

Mar 27, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nicholas H
    Hamburgers: The Counter (Shops at legacy, just east of Bob's next to Sal's) They have pretty good chicken burgers also. If you haven't been, GO....if you didn't like it....GO ONE MORE TIME.
    Who's Who (Highland Park Village across from Tom Thumb...i haven't been there in a while)
    Ball's Hamburgers (NW Highway and Inwood, Northeast corner)
    JG's Hamburgers (Northwest corner of Greenville and Forest i think)

Steak: Bob's Steak & Chop House and Nick & Sam's are pretty effin good.
    Ruth's Chris is legit also...and of course Fogo De Chao if you wanna incapacitate yourself.

Tex Mex: Uncle Julio's (I only eat steak fajitas, and i feel they have the best)
    Cantina Laredo and Tupinamba are pretty good as well.

Cajun: Nate's Seafood & Steakhouse (Southwest corner of Midway and Beltline) This is the only Cajun place i will eat in Dallas, all the other places just make me angry. Copeland's was good...it's a shame.

Italian: Patrizio's (Just east of Preston about 1/8 of a mile on the south side of Park) is always good.
    Buca Di Beppo
    Ferrari's (South on Midway a bit, front beltline on the west side) if it's still there...i haven't been in a while.
    Nicola's In the Shops of Legacy has this Shrimp and Salmon dish (Fazzoletto alla Genovese) that i can't get over...i haven't tried anything else.
    Mi Piachi (Southeast corner-ish of Montfort and Beltline)
    Arcodoro & Pomodoro down off of McKinney in Dallas i think, Routhish area...i have been a couple times but that area confuses me.
    Adelmo's Ristorante (I haven't been but have heard it's excellent from a few good people that i trust when it comes to good restaurants)

Pizza: +1 on Lombardi's in NYC.
    I like i Fratelli, always very good.
    Luigi's in Frisco (Southeast corner of Lebanon and Preston) is pretty good also...just depends on if i want to drive out to Irving or not.
    Mama's Pizza for buffet (Parker and Custer, southwest corner)

Other random places i like a lot:
    Red's Patio Grill, between Mi Concina and Mignon on the Southwest corner of Preston and Spring Creek.
    Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, my sister is a chef there...it's pretty good, too bad she can't get me a discount.
    Jasper's down in the Shops of Legacy
    Houston's is nice also.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other places I'm forgetting.

22. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Speaking of Burgers... has anyone made it in to the new location for Goff's <sp> Moved from Lover's/Tollway to Snyder Plaza...

S

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Don't ask for a milkshake with your burger. :)

24. globalm3

globalm3 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    ***** you better drive! If you didnt mention us I would ban you from my place ! lol

25. kwiker

kwiker Karting

Mar 27, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nicholas H
    hahahahaha, i meant it depends on if i want to drive out to Irving for i fratelli. You know i love your pizza, you saw me eat a lasagna and a whole pie by myself...your food is legit. But sometimes i like to get some "i fratelli"...you should try it some time, even though that would be treason for you.

OK, back on topic.