[DFW] May 31st, 2008 - 5th Annual Show at Boardwalk Ferrari | Page 7 | FerrariChat

[DFW] May 31st, 2008 - 5th Annual Show at Boardwalk Ferrari

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Jan 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #151 LightGuy, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
    Thanks Rob and Jeanie for putting this together again, Boadwalk Ferrari and Lambo for not only sponsoring but participating.
    Also to Dave Mulvey and James Woods for their time to set everything up. Kudo's to all those who helped.

These are the shows I really like as not only are the show cars there but also ones people actually drive and enjoy as they were meant to be. I love this format.

Special thanks to Will Huber for helping with picking up the car, making it presentable, and loaning me his personal car to attend my son's soccer game during the show so the BB could be left.

2. val herrera

val herrera Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    Boardwalk/Rob/All, Thanks for a wonderful time and including "other" exotic Italian cars as part of your show. See you next year. Best Regards, Val

3. JudJop

JudJop Karting

Aug 30, 2006
    McKinney, TX
    Full Name:
    Judson Joplin
    Sherry and I couldn't thank Boardwalk and Rob enough for putting on a great event. This was our first time out and really thought you did such a great job!! Aside from the minor sunburn on our necks and feet, we enjoyed every minute. Can't wait until next year.

Jud/Sherry

4. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
  5. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet shots!

Great looking turnout too.
    I like how the parking lot appears to be a show of it's own.

6. Inowownone

Inowownone Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Tom W.
    Would love to have Mia's vote. If I was the Tom you meant. :) I had too many baseball games this a.m.
    Can't wait to see the pics.
    Still VERY proud of my 3rd place last year. My son still sleeps next to the Trophy!
    Cheers.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    amazing we had several no shows, but still set a record for participants. heck, Frank had 5 cars entered and was a no show! :)

8. Inowownone

Inowownone Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Tom W.
    Rob,
    Perry Tongate said to say hello from Austin, TX.
    Great to see Tillman taking second place.
    It's always great to know your competition.
    Cheers.

9. l.mccormick

l.mccormick Rookie

May 31, 2008
  10. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It was an awesome show. I can't wait for next year's, I just hope the trophy's aren't as one off. If all goes well in the next year I should be able to enter the show...It was a pleasure meeting everyone and I look forward to future get togethers. I will try to get my pics up as soon as I can find my USB for my camera (sorry about that Vagabond!)

11. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Thanks, Rob what a great show. Every year it just gets bigger and better! To all the people that assisted in the set up and execution, kudos. A big note of thanks to Boardwalk for the use of the facility, the tent and the delicious food. I especially enjoyed all of the great people who brought out their cars, there were some stunning cars.
    I look forward to next years show. I would post some pictures but that kind of computer gymnastics takes me forever.
    THANKS AGAIN ROB A GREAT SHOW!

12. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    +++ on all that, Don. Thanks to everybody - the dealership, Rob, and all the volunteers. Special thanks to the kind lady & gentleman who had the wisdom to bring a thermos filled with lime spritzers.

My special list of excellent cars - the Miura from Lamborghini of Dallas, that excellent Austin Healey 3000, as usual the wonderful red Alfa Montreal, the pretty little vintage Alfa in cream and black, the 250GT coupe, and also the show winning 275 GTS. And of course many others.

sincerely, James

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Also thanks to Brandon and ViB. The girls made for some nice scenery and the drinks were good too. Brandon, where can you buy ViB?

14. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Another great one. Thanks Rob!

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sorry I forgot to mention the after party at Shuck & Jive. I know the usual suspects got the word though. I hate speaking in front of groups and forgot that along with thanking Dave, James, etc. Next year I will have a note card!

So how was the party? Sorry I couldn't make it, parking the trailer at Shuck & Jive and pulling home after a pitcher wouldn't have been responsible along with getting up early Sunday to fly Mia to see her Great Grandpa and my Grandpa in a Bryan hospital.

16. ChompsIL

ChompsIL Karting

Apr 30, 2007
    Dallas, Texas
    Your Welcome...you can buy directly from our website www.drinkvib.com or click here http://www.drinkvib.com/main/where_to_buy/retailers.html to find the retailers in your city....we just launched 6 weeks ago, so check back often as we are closing some national accounts (ie, 7-11, grocery stores, etc) soon.

17. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    After party was good, there were about 12 of us at the Shuck. The party after the after party ended up at my house in the new garage.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    cool! didn't know it was done yet.

19. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    #171 Brangeta, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'd be happy to meet you too. I'll be at the show at Cooper Aerobics on the 8th, maybe we can meet up there?

I asked my friend, and he had this pic on his iphone of your car. He had his camera too, but he doesn't have it with him right now to know if he has other shots on it.

There was a professional photographer I recognized at this show... maybe he's one of the guys who has already posted, but I'd be VERY surprised if he didn't get pics of your car. He gave me his card at last year's show, and unless this is the wrong card, his email address is [email protected]. You might ask him if he took any pictures of your car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Do racecars even get painted anymore? With the wrap technology these days, it seems counterproductive to waste the weight on sponsor paint.

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    #173 crinoid, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005