[DFW] How about lunch next Thursday, April 29? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

[DFW] How about lunch next Thursday, April 29?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas

Chris,
    Loren works for a more senior guy named Kevin White. I think they have offices on Preston Road. They have always come to my office when we needed to talk.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Who has the phone number for Champs?

I looked it up via superpages.gte.net but didn't find the right place.

I'm thinking that with a group of 12 we should probably let them know we're coming.

No wimping out if it rains, guys! There's only a 20% or less chance now, and that's lower than they thought earlier this week.

Thursday is "Drive Your Ferrari To Lunch Day" :D

3. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Yeah, I just found Loren Hsiao. He is in the office off of Merit Drive up by Medical City.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You needed another P.

Champps: 972-373-0333

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ok, I called Champps and have us down for 13 on Thursday at 11:15. Tell them you're with Tillman. Even if I haven't made it yet they'll still know where to put you. Should be separate checks, though there's still the mandatory gratuity for a large party.

Now you all have to show up. It's a reservation :D

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere

Gosh I'm just hoping the car's ready on Thursday, hence the whole reason I'm flying in from Amarillo!! Heck they've had it for over 2 weeks -isn't that enough to sort out a bad throw-out bearing?

7. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    I was just talking to Robert about 5 minutes ago about the computer I am working on for them. Robert told me the car would be ready to pick up on Thursday no problem.

8. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Yep would be nearly impossible to pick up the car before lunch if we are doing lunch @ 11. From Love to Nevada is a very good hour's trip. Then from Nevada back to Irving probably closer to 1.5 hours. All this if you spend no time there just a very quick pick up. The only other suggestion would be to fly in Wenesday night. Stay in Plano and we could go to Shadetree early.

;) Just got the message from the wife that she is waiting with bated breath for your car to be picked up. Her Maserati is going in, to take the shop space when yours is picked up. Her parts just arrived.

9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Gosh Rodney, I know you and Robert are good friends. I didn't mean to imply he's slacking or anything. I am sure he is super busy. It's more a matter of my impatience than anything. These beautiful spring days make it even worse! I hope Robert doesn't think I have pestered him to death. :)

10. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Oh, on the time, you are being gracious enough to tote me to Shade Tree, so WHENEVER it's the best time for you works for me. There's going to be so many F-cars to look at at Champps nobody will miss mine!!

11. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    ;) You are not pestering him any worse than my wife. She is convertibleless.. But he had to wait on parts. Think it was pretty much the same for your car (parts wise).

That's the reason to have three or four other Italian cars as back ups. I am actually driving my FIAT spider every day with the top down. Once it get's a little warmer I will swap to the Maserati which is to hot to drive in the dead of summer due to all the Glass. Then I swith to the Ferrari for a while, then back to the FIAT with it's extra rear A/C and Hard top back on.

By then I hope to have the Maserati Mexico and will have to wait to have it's A/C done etc.

12. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    sorry gays i cant make it .i have to take gina to doctor to check on the baby.another wild armenian baby on the way.i am happy to be a dad again.

13. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere

Will you be bringing any of your collection to lunch? I would love to see a Maserati or any other italian! You're right about having a back-up. I have absolutely driven my wife crazy since my car has been gone. She told me from day one when it left on the truck for Robert's place: "You'll have to put your patience pants on for this one". I tell you what I would like to have is an Alpha spider. Do you know much about them? Unless I get bad news tomorrow, I will catch up with you Thursday. Rodney, there is a Southwest flight that gets in at 10:25 am - ish. Is that too late? Would it be more convenient for you for me to fly into DFW?

14. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Don't know what kind of flight times there are @ DFW. It is much closer to Irving. If you get a flight to DFW around that time or a little earlier it would be good. If not we can probably deal with 10:25. The fact is that Southwest flight is likely to be on time.

Probably will be in the Maserati Indy.

15. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere

I can get into DFW no problem. I will check into a flight into DFW first thing in the a.m. and let you know. Shouldn't be a problem - American and Delta both have a.m. flights from AMA to DFW. Thanks again Rodney so much for your kindness.

16. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Rodney & Husker,
    I was reading you guys posts, and knowing Rodney is in Plano, I can pick Husker up before going to Champps. I live in Valley Ranch, so only 10 minutes away from DFW. Champps is also about 10 min away from DFW, too. Just a thought as you 2 may already have some plan I don't know. You guys sounded like going to ShadeTree after lunch, right? Let me know if I can be of help there.

17. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Jim, forgot you're in SA! I drove for about 40 min tonight w/ my wife & another F owner anyway. Wish you could join me!

I called Rob, and he was BIKING! The guy does every speed things on wheels. (well maybe not skateboarding or in-line skating) Jennie sounded so young on the phone (like a teenager) I hope they'll find a great home!

18. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Yoshi,

It would be great if you could pick up Husker @ the airport. I will meet you guys @ Champs. Then afterward he and I will go out to Shadetree. A nice drive in the country ;)

Thanks

Rodney

19. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere

Yoshi, I will be at DFW around 10:15-ish. But I can wait for however long. Are you sure you wouldn't mind picking me up? Heck, a cab ride over to Champs would be cheap enough.

Husker

20. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Sorry, count me out. I have an interview in Dallas. I need a job more than I need lunch. I also need to keep the Ferrari!

Dan

21. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm trying to get a correct map made but I keep getting different locations when useing MapQuest or Yahoo.

855 W John W Carpenter Frw, Justin, TX 76247

Keep in mind I'm driving from west Ft.Worth near Old Westover, gottaget an early start.

Thanks

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks, When I saw Justin, Tx...WTF? Then found out it's not far from the gun range & the MTB trails (L.B. Houston Park)

Thanks Tillman.

24. james patterson

james patterson Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 8, 2003
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    James Patterson
    Gang - Nick told me about your lunch outing tomorrow and it sounds like fun. Do you have room for one more?

Thanks,
    James Patterson
    Norwood Performance

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Heck yes, all are welcome.