[DFW FCA] "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally, Oct 22 2005 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

[DFW FCA] "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally, Oct 22 2005

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Amazing what you can do with computers this days!

I deleted about 10 that only showed like my dash, or grass, or were too blurry... They are all in really high resolution and I got to resize them to post them. I will try to get a few in here today.

EDIT: TIllman, I guess the date got reset on the camera when I changed the batteries :) All the pictures show that date.

2. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    #177 Speed Racerette, Oct 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Missing: 1 Dallas police car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    They could have paid for tons of fake drugs with 26 no front plate tickets. :D

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Speaking of that, did anyone get a photo of the blinged-out Orange SUV on I-30 getting searched by the state troopers?

5. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Yeah thanks! I had to almost stop and pull over and wait for a certain white ferrari.

6. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    #181 DIGMAN52, Oct 24, 2005
    We were running behind Jim and Jimmy in 3rd until the urge hit the over 50 year olds, and we had to make a pit stop in Emery. We only did a 2 tire stop, but still went to the back of the main pack. When we caught Ron and Stephanie a Sheriff got between us and the SL for 15 minutes. Stephanie did a nice job of blocking for the crew in front, and once he turned she and Ron turned up the heat and hauled booty to Canton. Thanks to Jim and Stephanie for the front door while the old guys were in the rockin' chair.

7. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    I started risizing the pictures Dave took... And it is going to take me forever! They are all high res and the software I got to resize makes me do them one by one. I could e-mail them to someone that can do it faster than. Any takers?

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Manny, don't resize them all! Just pick the ten or fifteen best ones. The reason I took so many was not to post all of them, but to take as many as possible so that there would be ten or so really great ones!

9. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Grass Frances, the tire(s) were clearly in the grass. I had the best view of the whole situation...and its on tape, soon to be at a theater near you. Jimmy is a good driver, most people wouldnt have been able to pull that back in at that speed.

10. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Can't wait to see the tape.....that grass sure was noisy!

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You had the best REAR view, but I also saw it in my rear view mirror. I watched the front tires move off of the pavement and into the grass....

12. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Cool!! I didn't think anyone would have video or even pictures as it was a kinda unexpected thing :) Can't wait to see it!

13. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    #190 JasonMiller, Oct 24, 2005
  14. JIMMY_V

JIMMY_V Karting

Jul 13, 2004
    Dallas, tx
    Full Name:
    Jimmy
    Jason what happened to your car?

15. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Some dude in a silver Lambo through a rock out of his window when I was following him :)

16. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    #193 B.Ratcliff, Oct 24, 2005
  17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Couple of random comments:

1) my 328 averaged 18.5 MPG over 266 miles on Saturday, not too bad.

2) It's amusing to see who is aggressive and who was just cruising. It's not always the way one expects it.

3) I'm going to have to change the bonus questions for next time, when people start pulling out state maps and GPS units to check county lines I know i'm too predictable.

4) All that smoke and the squealing tires just before Quinlan? That was me, not Marvin. That stop came up on both of us a little quickly.

5) So, anyone know a good deal on new Khumo Ecsta 712s? Mine seem to have this little flat-spot problem.....

18. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    We enjoyed the event, Tillman, Dave and others thanks for all the work putting it together. My tires are about 6 years old so I didn't want to push it too hard but the cruise was nice.
    Greg

19. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    Great event as always. Thanks for putting it together Tillman. The roads were awesome.

We need to compile all the pic's and vid's on to one CD.

20. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Unless we have a professional who would volunteer to do this, I volunteer to do this :)

21. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Tillman this a great idea sell it and get a kitty started for the next event!

22. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Tillman, Manny and Dave, what a tremendous job. The weather was great, the roads were great (just ask Brian) the cars and the people were fantastic. Now Brian -about that speed limit deal? Carolyn and I were not privey to Jimmy's foray into the drifting championships, but I am sure it was entertaining. 4RE348 (I'm sorry I don't remember your name), Greg, Jano, and us, were all abiding by the speed limit when one of Greg's east Texas girlfriends (in the pink) came out to greet us and Greg decided to exercise the Testarossa by passing everyone and the bug truck going up hill. I guess he wanted to get some flowers to take to her. In any event it was a great day. Manny, Dave Rob, Phil great pictures-oh yeah, and Brian also--esp. the one of the speedo--probably KPH. GOOD SHOW!