[DFW FCA] "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally, Oct 22 2005 | FerrariChat

[DFW FCA] "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally, Oct 22 2005

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Greetings

Due to a conflict with another Italian car event, the 2005 Strade Di Autunno rally has moved to Saturday October 22. In the event of bad weather, the rain date will be Saturday November 5.

During last years's event, 35+ people and 20 cars enjoyed a tour though rural roads outside the Metroplex and a great time was had by all. Please see http://www.fcadfw.com/SdA2004.shtml for information from last year.

Registation information will be on the chapter website at http://www.FCADFW.com shortly. If you have questions or comments, please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you
    Tillman Strahan

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #2 GrigioGuy, Sep 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I took the middle one!

T-man, I think I've found a road that turns a lot, I'll send you info.

4. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    I took the top one. That is the hood of the yellow C5 with the pimpin bra.

5. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    The AWARD winning C5?

6. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Yes, and I believe the only C5 to ever get an award written in Italian.

7. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    YELLOW BUG.

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Where's my car! Wasn't there a pic of my car doing 180 spin on the highway? (just kidding)

This is one of the event I look forward to. Thanks Tillman for coordinating it. Maybe we need to do pre-rally w/ few of the finest!

I want to see 430 in action!

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #9 ryalex, Sep 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been working with Tillman on Tshirt ideas. He and FarmerDave have been discussing the virtues of an affordable single color vs. full color printed shirts. This is the first mockup I made - it is merely a rough draft, please don't pick at the details of the road/car/painting, it will be a larger, better image you will get with more detail. This is an effort to convince you guys that it might be worth ponying up a little more money for a much more attractive T-shirt. Maybe an event T-shirt that you wouldn't mind being seen in afterward!

I made this with inspiration from the great vintage auto racing posters. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you're thinking.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Sweet! Seriously guys don't be cheap, you HAVE to go for the 4 color.

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I like the design... but, please, not the 430! (See the poll in modern! ;) )

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    LOL... I hear you - I personally find the CS to be 10x more attractive than the 430, but I figured the 430 would be better suited since it is a 2005 production model.

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    This is the reason why the apps aren't out yet -- we're trying to determine a final price that included a tshirt.

Last year we deliberately ran at a loss, we simply can't do that this year. Just covering insurance and trophies and assuming 20 entries, we're looking at about $20/head. It's never our goal to make a profit on an event, we try to get as close to break even as possible.

So Tshirt cost would be above and beyond the $20. If we go with 1 color like the poker run shirts we're pretty close on that $30 entry fee charged at the Poker Run. Dave's getting the final estimates, but you can figure the 4 colors will be signifiantly higher. A contributing factor is our low run numbers -- we're not printing 500 of these.

Would you all be willing to pay an extra $10-20 (guessing) over the 1 color for the awesome logo above?

Just FWIW, Ryan is freaking awesome with the design. This is the third time that he's done something for me based on a lousy pencil sketch and a description, and it's as if he can reach into my brain and see the same thing I do. This is darned near exactly what I had in mind. I highly recommend him! Thanks Ryan!

Ok -- Texas, speak now or forever hold your peace.

14. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'll pay what it costs and I won't quibble about an extra $10 or $20. I can't imagine someones decision to participate will be guided by a few extra bucks.

15. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    I'm in to go. Does anybody plan on running that might have an extra seat? If not, I'll just take my Accord & try to keep up as best as possible. :)

16. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I have no objection to the extra cost. Heck, the lead and follow session at the Lambo Concorso at MSR is $50, and I don't think that includes a shirt at all! Please charge what is necessary to cover the expenses, and get the better shirt.

I'm just going to write it off as a business expense anyway.

17. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Wow, neat design! Ryan, can the graphics file that you created be separated into 4 colors?

18. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sure - any graphic can be separated in Pshop into the CMYK channels. I think many of the new printing processes can work with a regular graphic file (ie. the computer figures it all out).

Note this is just a mockup though - if I get the go-ahead I'll be remaking this larger and with meticulous detail. It will be the best FCA shirt of 2005! At least out of the Texas clubs. Or at least out of the North Texas clubs. :D

19. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Tillman/Ryan, maybe you guys should contact "skyhigh" duane, the guy who is doing the FerrariChat regional T Shirts.

I remember that he said he didn't screen print them, but rather, used a process called "sublimation." I researched the sublimation process and it sounds much more able to cope with the highly detailed and multiple colors of Ryan's design.

EDIT: FWIW, I know not much, go with the Challenge Stradale. :)

20. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    Wow Ryan that looks great, that would be awesome to have that on a T-shirt. I'm in for paying a little extra.

21. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Looks great. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for putting in the effort. Extra cost is worth it.

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I've got various bids going, we'll see what the numbers are.

Route to be finalized this weekend. Things are going along fine...just spread the word!

Oh, and if anyone has the email address or contact info for the couple in the blue 348ts from the ICF, can you send it to me? I can't find their card.

23. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    I would gladly pay more!

24. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    That was a cool car, and they were great folks! Maybe the ICF people can put you in touch with them?

25. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Route running -- good times

Good news, I took all the dirt roads off the run :D :D If this was a WRX group I'd keep them, but since we're not....

Still awaiting the pricing on the shirts, but the app will be up Monday. Spread the word, there's some really fun Farm-to-Market roads on the agenda.