[DFW] Exotic Car Night - All New for 2008 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

[DFW] Exotic Car Night - All New for 2008

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ronr, Feb 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Wow, there are some great pictures in here so far. This WAS a good event. I really liked this location compared to Carson's Live, and it was nice to put some faces to some of the names on here.

I'll post some of my pictures and some video clips tomorrow when I have time to deal with them. The Velvet Kittens were very nice.

2. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Stephanie & Ron looks like it was a great event with a huge turn out. Sorry we did not make it, unfortunately did not get done with Sat. jobs until just past 6. Great job planning, Thanks.

3. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Don and Carolyn - your lack of presence was definitely noticed. Wish you could have made it. Carolyn could have worn out her camera trying to keep up with the kittens!

4. DRYHOLE

DRYHOLE Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Dallas + Seaside, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dryhole
    Thanks for the invitation to a first class event!
    Digman should be awarded first place for the best burnout....and repeatedly hitting the rev limiter in his Ford GT !!!

5. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Love that red Countach! AWESOME! That was my fav of all the Lambo's. Still is really, though I have to say the up coming Gallardo replacement looks pretty awesome. Still like most all the F-cars better, but I certainly would not mind having some outrageous looking Lambo in the garage!

We need something like that down here in Austin...Kind of like the upcoming Concours down at the San Marcos airport...that should be fun... Hope someone remembers to call is the hot girls for photo ops!! ;)

James
    Austin

6. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    #131 Brangeta, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For those who missed it, Tillman got motorboated by one of the Velvet Kittens. Stephanie likely got a better picture than I did; I was a little late.

More pics to come :).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
  8. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
  9. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    They would love to have us back. They had a great time as well. If I get an overwhelming response to do this again at the same place - I'll be happy to do it - I'm thinking end of June. Give me some feed backs on likes and don't likes and Ron and I will do our best to top this one.

10. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #136 ronr, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Thanks again to Ron and Steph for setting this up. Fabulous fun.

I do, however, think I'm done drinking in public :)

12. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    LOL I knew someone would get that shot I missed.
    ------------------------

Opinion of show:

For my 2 cents, I liked everything about this location. Good parking, low traffic, safe location.

The only improvement I can think of is if we could get the word out better to get some other owners out in their Aston Martins, Lotuses, Lamborghinis, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, etc. More is always better :), and sometimes some of the more eclectic cars are interesting to look at. The meetings at Paciugo always got some really uncommon cars attending.

I showed the pictures I took to my Corvette buddies, and they wish they knew about it to come out. I didn't know whether to tell them or not, since I didn't know the parking lot would be massive.

There are a lot of Ferrari 599s and Aston Martins between Preston Center and Uptown, so I'm surprised we didn't see a lot of them at the event.

13. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Here's the video I made. I originally had the cars included more, but the program crashed in the middle of saving and my file got corrupted. I didn't want to start over, so I cut a lot out. It got a little choppy, but I got tired of working on it.

The red Countach and Lightguy's 512 are in it more than any others, but I'm fairly certain most of you won't notice the 512 in the video unless you watch it a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSm3QhidAos

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can tell you like the redhead, that is my favorite too. :) 3:00 minute video and you didn't get a scan of the entire parking lot? I think you captured 4 of 40 cars that were there. Got the girls though! :)

15. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, the redhead was cute :). They were all actually pretty good looking, but she was my favorite. The brunette was pretty feisty and the dark blonde/light brunette was a good singer.

My original video had the parking lot, but after Pinnacle crashed and corrupted the file, I didn't want to have to go through all that footage again. Besides, the girls looked good dancing. :)

I have some good pictures of the parking lot here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562942794zvuyoU

If I go to the event in Cresson next week, I'll be sure to bring the video camera and get some car action :D.

16. ApexDrivingAcademy

Apr 23, 2007
    Flower Mound
    Full Name:
    John Holmes
    I was stuck in Atlanta with family. I wish I could have been there.

17. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Didn't I hear this in 2007 and 2006 ?

18. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    Thank you Steph and Ron. I had a great time!! yes we need to do this again, I regret not bringing my dad to it, he would have really enjoyed it.

Tillman no drinking in public?????

19. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I hate that I missed it! My game ran late.