[DFW] Exotic Car Night - All New for 2008 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

[DFW] Exotic Car Night - All New for 2008

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ronr, Feb 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #101 ronr, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    What time is everyone getting there or a start time?
    Obviously being a new F430 owner I am paranoid about ensuring decent parking.. :)

raj

3. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    TO ALL:
    We will have four Event Staff to keep the parking lot free of Winabego's - they will guide you on where to park - and will watch over the precious ones in the parking lot.

You may start arriving at 6:00pm. The Velvet Kittens will be in the parking lot at 7:30pm for pictures and photo-ops. The Show starts at 10:00pm.

Cafe Rembrandt will have an Italian Style Buffet available (I believe it is about $20.00/per person), if you don't want that, they will also have a grill going outside with Burgers and Hot Dogs with all the trimmings (much cheaper than the Italian meal, I don't know the price yet), and of course a terrific selection of beer and booze, or any other beverage you want.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Any valet-type fees to be aware of?

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm going to have to miss out, I've got family in town from Houston all this weekend.

6. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    No, there are no hidden tip fees for anyone - not the girls, not the Event Staff help. You only have to pay for your food and drinks. By the way, they won't be valeting cars, they will only be directing people where to park to keep arriving cars orderly and safe.

7. MAXIMUM810

MAXIMUM810 Karting

Oct 25, 2004
    I'll probably come out with my little Honda.

8. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    Are you sure you can? :)

9. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    Can't make this one. I will be out of town this weekend at a Golf Tournament. I think I just broke my streak of consecutive ECN attendance.

10. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    Obviously, we want to see as many Exotic Cars as possible, but it doesn't exclude anyone from being invited to the event. You just can't park your Winebago in the middle of a bunch of Ferrari's, just wouldn't look right.

11. twinsnails

twinsnails Rookie

Dec 9, 2006
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    David Oden
    Wow I just got alerted to this event from another forum member. This looks like a sweet event and right around the corner from me of all things. I have a few soccer games right in the middle of this event and might have to show up and jet almost before everyone gets there. I wish I could stay longer. Hopefully there are plenty of great pictures and everyone has a great time.

12. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Any "feature" news related to this event? Ex: "Boardwalk will be bringing the F40 they have for sale, and our own _________ of Fchat will be bringing his (insert rarely seen supercar here)?"

If you can get Lamborghini Dallas to bring the Miura, you'll pull in people from all over Texas to this event! :D

13. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    I'll let our fearless leader speak about his super car. We have invited Boardwalk to bring whatever they would like, it would be nice to see some cool stuff. I agree, this is the perfect type of place for any of the Exotic Car shops to bring something out.

14. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Cool.

I just invited a few guys who own Callaways, maybe a few will be able to make it. :)

15. MAXIMUM810

MAXIMUM810 Karting

Oct 25, 2004
    Well, ya know, since Will said he wasn't coming out, it might be good...j/k =P

16. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    Tomorrow Night (Saturday, March 29th - 6:00pm) is the BIG night! Don't forget!

I do have one change to make to the food - we will not have the Buffet - instead - we have opted for the "order off the menu", there will be various items to choose from, you shouldn't be disappointed, their food is great.

17. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I'm probably going to be coming around 6 in a different car. Either a definite "winabego" car or something that will just get me placed between the exotics and winabegos (AKA non-rare muscle car). Your event staff should know I'm going to argue if they try to put me next to a minivan or SUV. :D

18. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Do they allow Separate Checks? :-0

(by the way, for those who get the inside joke, Via Real called me that following Tuesday to apologize to all of us for that separate check fiasco, they had my number from the reservation. I thought that was classy of them, they could have just as easily ignored it.)

I've got a question - Is the burlesque show something that requires a ticket? Is it something I can arrive at after it starts? I've got a hockey game that will keep me from getting there before 10:00.

19. Srippe

Srippe Karting

Mar 1, 2004
    Yes, they will do separate checks.

There is no charge for the Velvet Kittens, Cafe Rembrandt is hosting the event and is putting this on for us - they really wanted to make it a nice first time there for us and we really appreciate it. So, PLEASE, come!

20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    On the way.
    See Ya.

21. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Had to bug out a bit early, but I must say this was the best ECN by far that I have attended. Great group of cars and people at an awesome establishment. Big thanks for the owners and staff of Cafe Rembrandt for being so hospitable.

A special thanks to SRippe for going through all the motions of getting this event organized !!!

I left my camera at the office so I wasn't able to get any pics, but I am sure they will be plenty of them posted before too long.

JP

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #123 rob lay, Mar 29, 2008
    Thanks Stephanie and Ron for organizing a great Exotic Car Nights. Largest turnout I’ve ever seen at the 14-15 we’ve had in the past. A few people coming and going making it hard to count, but I counted 18-20 different Ferraris, 2 Lamborghinis, 5 Porsches, 1 Ford GT, 2 Maseratis, 1 Aston Martin, 5 Vipers, 1 Ford Torino, 15-20 Ducati’s, 1 Lotus, and several others like nice S2000’s and Vettes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Damn, I really missed out. Excellent turnout of cars & bikes.

Very nice work Stephanie.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #125 rob lay, Mar 29, 2008