DFW area Christmas/appreciation for Don & Carolyn Rose party | Page 6 | FerrariChat

DFW area Christmas/appreciation for Don & Carolyn Rose party

Discussion in 'Texas' started by James_Woods, Nov 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnes71

johnes71 Rookie

Oct 3, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Full Name:
    john savickas
    I stopped by the Italian club of Dallas at 11:30am yesterday to inquire about a refund on the prepaid dinner to honor Don and Carollyn. The first lady I spoke to said there would be no refunds. I asked to speak to the manager who confirmed their policy of giving no refunds unless the reservation was canceled 24 hours in advance. He further stated that on the day of the event that someone from the Ferrari club confirmed the event was going ahead that evening. He further said that his Chef not only drove in but had to pick up the staff and dinner was cooked for all that had a reservation that had not canceled the prior day. He offered no other options such as a discount dinner or lunch. I planned to stay for lunch with my guest but decided not to after this outcome. I strongly urge the club never to use this establishment again.

John

2. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Since, I was one of two organizers of the event I apologize to everyone involved. I have tried calling several times trying to resolve the situation. No refund was offered to me either. Apparently, they have so much business they do not need ours.

That's just my two cents.

3. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I was the other organizer. I have talked to Melissa face to face about this several weeks ago and it was my understanding that all the registered attendees except for two were getting an automatic refund. I believe that those two were ones who did not call before the chef started preparations on that Saturday.

These were likely Shawn and poster johnes71...Melissa made the statement to me face to face that she would give these people a restaurant credit if they came in and asked her.

I personally think that Italian Club went out of their way to host the event, and we did have it with about a dozen people including Don and Carolyn - and they served us a great dinner. It was certainly not their fault that we had a surprise Ice Storm.

Shawn is the new president of the local FCA. If he does not want to ever use Italian Club of Dallas again for Club Events, then that is his decision. I do not want to start a Hatfield and McCoys over this, so I am not going to start a fight.

johnes71 - if you will give me a PM and make arrangements, I will personally take you to a lunch to try to make up for your loss if that club does not give you a restaurant credit.

Shawn and I have already talked about this personally and as far as I know we are without any differences on the issue thus far.

4. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    #129 Chewys5, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Hatfield and McCoy reference was pretty funny. Not sure if you knew or not. I am a Hatfield. This is the original painting my great grandfather had commissioned.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    So be it, Hatfield...

6. johnes71

johnes71 Rookie

Oct 3, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Full Name:
    john savickas
    We were given (in the above post) the option to cancel for a refund, or retain the voucher for a meal at a later date. In addition upon last check of this site, on the day of the event, the most recent post I saw stated that the event had been canceled, indicating canceling individually would not be necessary. In was the following day before I found out that the event had gone on as planed. Again I reiderate that the manager said unless cancelation was recieved 24 hours prior to the event, there was nothing he could due, as he had incured expenses.

7. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I agree completely with you John. That's exactly what she told us when we were face to face. I have never received any refund or a return call to find a solution. Not only that but they had posted online that they were CLOSED that day.

8. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I just wanted to pop this back to the top.. For anyone that was planning on attending please message me !!! These to deserve a parade thru DFW, maybe even a road named after them. I left messages with both city Hall's but no reply. ( Well that might have been a stretch but you get the point)