DFW area Christmas/appreciation for Don & Carolyn Rose party | Page 5 | FerrariChat

DFW area Christmas/appreciation for Don & Carolyn Rose party

Discussion in 'Texas' started by James_Woods, Nov 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Trust me, after seeing some of you drive under normal conditions, there's no way I'd want you out on the roads the way they were Saturday night ;)

I have to give James and Wilfrido special props though - they both brought out "nice" cars while the rest of us drove our respective "beaters". And the staff at the club couldn't have been any nicer. Based on the food and service, you wouldn't have been able to tell there was such a disruption going on. We should do our best to get back there in full force at some point in the not too distant future.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    so true! :D

3. lilviv

lilviv Karting

Nov 9, 2011
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Vivek Gupta
    LOL.

Wilfrido's car is probably superb to drive in this weather . . . AWD FTW! :)

4. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    Sorry, I thought the final verdict was that is was called off or postponed. Wish I hadn't missed it.

I certainly do appreciate the work Don and Carolyn put into the Toy Run every year, I'm sure they do many great things for the local chapter of the Ferrari Club of America and the club in general, keeping it interesting, friendly and enjoyable.

R.S.

5. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

That's funny and true!!!

6. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    Has anyone received a return call from the Italian club? I've left 3 messages as of today.

7. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I am going to go by there Thursday during lunch and have a talk with them. What concerns me is that Facebook they put up saying that they would be closed. It seems to be gone now.

8. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    I appreciate the update James. It is just annoying that I haven't received a return call after that many attempts to reach them. I will wait to hear their stance on using the tickets at a later date.

9. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, you do understand that I cannot control what they do - but I am going to have a very serious talk with them, particularly on the subject that they really did put up a facebook that said they would be closed on Saturday in spite of the fact that I notified them on Friday afternoon that we would be going ahead with the event.

I think it is obvious that they will be losing far more goodwill with the FCA crowd than the small cost of giving about 15 people a future credit for a reasonable length of time.

10. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams

Oh of course I know you have no control over what they do, or do not do.
    I realize you are stuck in the middle of this, which really you shouldn't have to be.
    Any business I have ever been a part of, would return a phone call, especially after several messages. I know where the communication break is.

The goal of this obviously was to organize a fun event to reward two very hard working people for all they have done for the FCA, and I believe several of us would like to still do that, so please let us know what their intentions are when you find them out.

11. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I received a call from Melissa last night. Nice gal, she told me I was one of the people on her list slated for a refund. I didn't ask what criteria had to be met to make her list. Sure enough the refund showed up in PayPal today.

I am all for another chance to celebrate the great work Don and Carolyn have done for the FCA. Perhaps in January?

12. Ffinally

Ffinally Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I didn't get a call back, but I did get a notice from Paypal that the restaurant credited me back the full amount. So they listened to the message I left. Hopefully that is true for everyone else.

13. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Hopefully she is working her way down the list.

I think January is a good idea Glen.

14. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    Same here, no call back, but did get a refund to my PayPal account.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    glad to hear refunds are going out.

16. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Same here! Please note that Melissa must have done this on her own - as I have not been in contact with her yet.

Certainly I think that the Italian Club of Dallas deserves our good will for their effort in having this event and getting refunds to those who could not attend.

17. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Just a update!!!

We have rescheduled this event for Jan 28th @ I fratellis on MacArthur. The dinner will start at 7:00 pm. Please RSVP me if you are going to attend. [email protected]. I just want to make sure there is enough room for everyone.

This is open to ANYONE!! Please come by and show your appreciation to these two. We all owe them a great deal of gratitude.

18. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Could you post the street address again here on this thread, Shawn?

19. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Shawn, isn't it the 25th?

20. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, the 25th is the Saturday...

21. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Wow, I apologize for my fat fingers. That's what I get for trying to do 3 things at one time. You are correct Wade it is the Saturday the 25th My fault sorry.

Absolutely, James. The address is 7701 N MacArthur Blvd
    Irving, TX 75063.

22. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    iFratelli is on the SW corner of Mcarthur and 635, near the Target. I have lunch there regularly.

23. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I' was going to ask if you were sure Jim, until I did a street view and saw you were right. They used to be across MacArthur, hidden away in that shopping center last I ate there. I guess they moved sometime in the last 5 years!

I am coming to town for the Stars game that night, I will stop by on my way downtown!

24. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Glad it worked out for you Dave. Thank you.

25. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You STILL haven't learned???? :eek: