DFW area Big Lots Ferrari inventory | FerrariChat

DFW area Big Lots Ferrari inventory

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Brian C. Stradale, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    FYI... Big Lots evidently bought a big lot of Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 cars... including a fair number of Ferraris... and they are selling them right now for $9.99 each. Someone mentioned they saw a silver F50 at one in Ohio... well, since I've been hoping to pick up a silver F50 to match my silver 360 for a long time, I decided to go visit some nearby Big Lots while running some other errands... unfortunately for me, it wasn't until the sixth that I actually found what I was looking for!

But for you all, it might be fortunate... since I can tell you what's where in northwest Dallas / north mid-cities.

You can get black, yellow, and/or red 550 Barchettas at almost any location... lots of those. You can also find yellow 246 GT at most. All locations had the above unless otherwise noted; other Ferraris available as follows:

Lewisville = just 550's, no 246's
    Carrollton = black 512M's
    Farmers Branch = F40 (just one left)
    Irving = red 512M's, one yellow 360 spider
    Bedford = red 512M's
    Euless = silver F50's, F40 (just one), 512M's

Euless had the best selection by far. I also picked up a 333SP, but it was the only one... so, its not "in inventory" above.

Note that most stores have them in two spots... on an end cap and on a temporary "cinderblock" display in an aisle. As I waded through them, I tended to tuck the Ferraris in the back and underneath... so, be sure to dig.

Note that if you have interest in non-Ferraris, there are tons of lime green Murcielagos, orange Saleen S7s, silver or black BMW Z8s, red and blue Vipers (with racing stripes), Corvettes, and then silly looking cars covered in flames.

If you guys find some other Ferraris anywhere else in DFW, please let me know... there's still a few on my wish list.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Good catch Brian! I went to the store in Plano on 15th. I bought a 512M and a 550B for my sons, a 246 for me. They also had a few yellow 360 Spiders. They had the 550B in yellow, red and black.

I may go check the Richardson store tomorrow.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Ooops... I forgot to give Scott85 his due credit... it was his catch... in Ohio he found a 456 and a 360 Challenge that I haven't yet found here. His original thread was in the Collectibles forum.

Jim, if you do check out Richardson, please let us know what Ferraris they have! I am particularly interested in 288 GTO, 250 GTO, or 250 Testarossa. And I still don't have the requisite 355's in my collection! <sigh>

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Jim,

be sure to check out the Mattel Wharehouse in North Ft Worth. Let me know what they have.

5. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Checked out the Richardson store yesterday, closed due to fire. Will, I've kind of quit on the Mattel outlet, the construction on 183 makes the trip take forever! See if there's a Big Lots in Houston, $9.99 is pretty cheap.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I went by there this past week. Almost nothing -- 1:43 scale F40, 355, and a MS/RB 2001(2?) F1 set

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks Tillman, Looks like I have the whole set. Still trying to find a 1/43rd Daytona Comp.

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I may try a couple of the stores near Irving on Thursday, I still need a 333sp, another F40 (mine is 'dented'), and I'd like the F50 too. I hope they're not all gone. I've been in PHX all week and just found out there were stores there too! Damn. I need to reevaluate my priorities.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's a few stores in Houston. The one I went to only had the yellow 360 spider and sixty lime green lambos! Help.

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    on the way up to Ft. Worth, I dropped by the Big Lots in Granbury. Don't make a special trip for it or anything but I only picked up a few:

red 333SP
    red 550 Barchetta
    red 512M

the only other red F car was an F40, but I already have an F40LM and wanted others before I start duping with various models in the small collection I have here with other various marques that range from Hot Wheels, Bburago and of course, AutoArt - and those... just rock.

Thanks for the tip!