Denver | FerrariChat

Denver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Sledge4.2, Sep 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I have lived in the Bay Area for the past 10 years, and use my cars every week. I dont worry about heating or cooling, thinking of moving to Denver and interested in perspectives on owning cars in the area. Thinking of living in Lodo and getting a storage place somewhere nearby.

2. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Some of the best mountain driving there is. I'm not sure what you mean about worrying about heating and cooling

3. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    Be prepared for a noticeable loss of power unless you add a turbo or SC. 2x some of the best mountain roads anywhere. Not as cold as you would think, we can get out and drive routes fairly regularly....just have to avoid the mountains nov-april where they use a lot of sand throughout the winter.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    The nice thing about LoDo is you don't have to have a car. Just about everything is walking distance or a short cab ride. The 16th street mall has a shuttle.

An FCA friend has a space in LoDo that he can park 5 or 6 cars in. Don't know whether he owns or leases. Probably need a realtor to find out what is available.

Denver plows the main streets but did not plow the neighborhoods when l lived there. But mountain towns like Evergreen do. It was not unusual for people living in the mountains to be able to get to work while folks in Denver had to have 4wd or Blizzaks to get into downtown.

We get 300 days of sunshine a year. There are many days you can drive your Fcar, particularly at lower altitudes like Denver. And yes, they put sand and magnesium chloride on the roads. 3M or the like protection is a must...summer and winter.

Best of luck.

5. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    thanks guys, all good advice.