(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Uberpower, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    This was the Noble I drove at PPIR. Fun, fast, light and plenty power with the V6 twin turbo. The brakes were real good. Roomy enough for my 6'3'' with a lid on.Cool to have these cars based here.
    Roland
    F40LM

2. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Red F355 Spyder on Sunday afternoon just west of Parker Road/Main Street in Parker.

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    johnnyferrari's f40 out in front of Rise nightclub Saturday night. You're crazy dude!!! Not exactly a Ferrari friendly environment in that area:)

4. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Silver 360 Spider on Alameda and University at 9:20am this morning.

With an added bonus... a good looking brunette driving. Early 30's, and she knew how to drive- launched it from the stoplight for everyone to hear. Beautiful.

Nick

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Mike -- Was that you in the 328 on Arapahoe today at 12:30PMish in Boulder?

6. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sure was! Great to finally see ya from the perspective of the 328! I recognized the TR way off in the distance, first by its color. Rosso Corsa, once you get the eyes to spot it, is actually quite distinct. Then I thought, TR, Arapahoe, must be Steve! :)

Made my day :).

7. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Red TR going South on Foothills parkway in Boulder and about 2 minutes later a silver 360 spider going the other way on Foothills. Great day to be out.

8. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Was driving around on Saturday with our guests from Albquerque, and we saw a Red 550! A bit dirty :), parked on the side of the street... Out of regard I won't say exactly where, but it was in residential Boulder.

That car looks good in red, boys! One of ours?

9. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Black 355 Spyder, with shields, top down, downtown Denver! Colfax and Speer, about noon.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    LOL, wasnt it raining like ALL day?!

Hey, at least he knows it wont melt out there in the elements.

11. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Heh, ironically, don't 355s actually have a problem WITH melting from the elements? :)

At that time, it wasn't raining--but I do remember thinking that this guy was set on getting his money's worth from the spyder!

12. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Hi Derek....

Well, let's see,,, its been over a week now... and yes my head feels better!... Boy am I getting old!... Good times,,,Good Times.

Good to hear from you both.

13. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Johnny, you can't be that old since you went out after our little diner together. I'm the one who was to old to stay out and went back home in the TR. Got to have my beauty sleep..
    Roland
    F40LM

14. Detailers Paradise

Detailers Paradise Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I saw her Wednesday on University near Hampton.

15. Equinox2a

Equinox2a Rookie
    BANNED

May 17, 2005
    Aurora, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    After the ACC car show, Sunday, I saw a stunning red Countach and a gorgeous yellow 550 being chased east in the left lane of I-470 by the usual tailgating "get out of my way, I'm in a hurry!" Denver AH's. I was a couple hundred feet back, in the center lane. Without missing a beat, the Countach grabbed some gravel that was laying on the very edge of the left lane and literally kicked a face full of rocks and a cloud of dirt onto the Toyota AH's windshield that was WAY too close behind him! I couldn't believe it! With the Lambo's tires back on clean pavement again, the Coutach then shot like a red blur from 80-100 in nothing flat. The 550 meanwhile was cool, held back like he was waiting to see where the Countach was going (it stayed in the left lane...but was now hundreds of feet ahead of the Toyota). And then the 550 made his move and also easily went 80-100, leaving the pickup AH that was on HIS tail eating premium exhaust. The 550 signaled, found a hole into the middle lane, took the lane, shot by the stunned Toyota, signaled left, took the left lane again and got RIGHT behind the Countach like they were both on a track! The last I saw them, the Countach was leading and the 550 following, signaling their intentions safely-- yet cutting apexs across four lane interstate highway corners whenever a hole appeared in the late afternoon Sunday traffic...all the way to the I-25 northbound. The Countach driver was a pro. And the 550 was right there, step-by-step. At one point, a "look at my big hood scoops" Firebird convertible full of blonde mall rats on cellphones, unsafely jinked across a couple of lanes, just to chase the Countach. The 550 came up behind them and SHOT by the girls on their left, signaled right and cut them off like he had scissors as he got right back behind the Countach. I remember seeing the Firebird's brakes come on-- but not the 550's. He had his power-curve just right for that maneuver! I don't know where those two guys were heading ...but WOW, it was amazing to see them get there, driving safely through ordinary traffic at high speed in true supercars, under superb control and thankfully not a cop in sight to ruin the ending to a perfect car show for the rest of us!

16. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    And you kept up with them how?? :eek:

17. Equinox2a

Equinox2a Rookie
    BANNED

May 17, 2005
    Aurora, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I didn't keep up. All this happened in 2 minutes or less-- which shows that, ultimately, speeding is for fools. Because, I suppose I was only 15-30 seconds behind them when I lost em on I-25 north. I was heading home to Aurora anyway.

18. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    spotted a red 275?? GTB motoring past my house in deer creek canyon yesterday about 5pm. was this the same car that was in the show sunday. sounded good, looked great..........john

19. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.
    Maserati Quattroporte at the Kenny Chesney concert at Pepsi Center Wednesday night

20. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    Black 355 with an INCREDIBLE sounding exhaust - Downtown.

Happened to finally see a Z8 - Downtown, as well.

My brother said he happened to spot a black SLR in the Farm, near Arapahoe and Parker. For some reason there seems to be an unproportionate amount of exotics in an area where the price of the house is near the price of the said exotic. :-\

21. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Was it black?

22. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.

Yes it was!

23. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I saw red 360 Spider yesterday in Glenwood Springs heading towards Aspen.

24. mjcdriscoll

mjcdriscoll Karting

Jun 4, 2005
    Parker, CO
    Full Name:
    Mark
    1 - red 360 cs headed e on arapahoe around 10:30am

2 - red 360 cs headed s on 25 in between castle rock & castle pines pkwy around 2pm

3 - blue 360 spider headed w on countyline from chester (park meadows mall maybe) around 7:30pm

25. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Yellow 360 spider with challenge grill headed south on Broadway just under the I-25 overpass. 11:50pm Friday night.

Looked good even in the dark!

Nick