(Denver) Best of 2012 Video. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Best of 2012 Video.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by vettesrule76, Dec 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #51 sherpa23, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    J, you saw his at cars and coffee in September. That green one looks like its in the UK.

2. doug_porsche

doug_porsche Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Trying 2 find myself
    Full Name:
    Doug

Seen your car in person and the green does not look $20K better. Still looks great, but I prefer red.

Doug
    silver elise

3. detlr2dastars

detlr2dastars Karting

Feb 28, 2006
    Thank you Brad for posting this video. You captured some amazing Colorado cars in their element. So many honorable mentions its amazing.....

The Bugatti Veyron is the most epic catch you have -knowing what that car is capable of and how much it costs and he's driving it in the muck.........and you caught the start up too.

The sound of the Viper with Blue Stripes....the Gorgeous Yellow 355...the silent Killer Kitty-cat sounding whoop everyones rear Black Nissan GTR....the Sweet Yellow NSX...the authentic Grey Ford GT....the Porsches..... Every single one of the Ferraris(makes me proud to part of the Ferrari gig)...the Jag E Type...the Amazing yellow Gallardo....the F40 still amazing after all these years.... The chase scene of the Ferraris going after the Veyron....just wow....But the part that made me laugh so hard, is you posted the Replica Red FordGT Kit car... and out of all the cars its the one that sounded like it didn't want to run.....classic.....

Personally though....I thought the Tesla Model S had the best exhaust note....hahahaha
    What an amazing group of cars.....

4. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    thanks for watching! yep, you named almost everything. and yes the model s does have the best exhaust? note... hahaha yep the veyron and f40 are tied for first for my favorite things I've seen this year

5. detlr2dastars

detlr2dastars Karting

Feb 28, 2006
    I can tell You are a true car fan and enthusiast........and I appreciate that you included everything you've found in that video.... you are truly un-biased.... Sometimes some of the older car guys take things for granted and we forget that anything...like a Subaru can sound Amazing.....

good things will come your way.... You remind me of a kid Named Doug Demuro that used to spot exotics a while back. After a while some of his spots got mentioned in magazines. Keep it up.

All the Ferrari Guys here....thank this kid for all his enthusiasm.....

6. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    yes i am a very big car enthusiast!! me and my friend are actually going out to cherry creek/cherry hills tomorrow to see if we can't find some exotics. we usually go to the cherry creek mall valet and walk up and down speer, then drive up and down university every weekend. i can't imagine what it'll be like in the summer. do you know any good places where to spot exotic cars?
    I heard about him, that's how us car spotters are!! this year will be amazing for car spotting. i just got into this "hobby" about a 2 years ago when i saw a beautiful yellow testarossa drive by me on a nice summer day, ever since i've carried my camera in my car in case something drives by.

7. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    LOL let me help you since you seem to lack any real knowledge about the cars. It's a Superformance GT40. It's not a kit car. It's not a Ford GT. It has a Roush 427 with a cam that has lots of overlap. Please educate yourself in the future prior to commenting on things of which you know nothing about. This may help you appear less ignorant than you seem to be.

8. detlr2dastars

detlr2dastars Karting

Feb 28, 2006
    It seems like you've already found the great ways to see the exotics...you don't need my..or anybody elses help on that one.
    I think you need to start getting rides in all these cars...and then post pictures of the interiors while you're getting the thrills of your life. That would be fun.

9. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I knew that was coming!! haha!

i guess i have it figured out, just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.. i do need rides in these cars now, the veyron is number 1 for me now!!

10. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Clearly a sewing machine driving neophyte...

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #61 sherpa23, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    I don't own any fake anythings: watches, clothes, cars, etc. I like having the real thing and do agree with some of those on here that fakes are bad for society.

However, I would take the correct RHD version of this GT40 (as said: a complete continuation car made under license) over a Ford GT. It's an amazing machine and true to its 1960's heritage. You can essentially have a true to original Grand Prix racer that drives exactly like an original car, thrills and all. You don't get that with a GT.

Depending on how you look at it, you can say it's the Ford GT that's the fake. It's a contrived, modern version of their famed 60's race car. In fact, I would argue that it's more a Saleen than anything else. Other than the styling exercise, it's nothing like the original. If you like it for it is, great. However, if you want something like the GT40, it's merely a shadow of that car. For that, you would have to do what LWW has done and ante up for the Superformance.

And for the record, I have come close to buying a Ferrari 250 GTE rebodied as a Testarossa with the correct wheelbase, carb setup, etc. I thought it would make a great second Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari and an expensive one at that, but a better alternative than driving down the road in $10mm car. At the end of the day, I decided it wasn't for me or my money but I would never judge anyone who thought it was for them. I think that this GT40 is something along those lines.

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #62 sherpa23, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

Dave (Hardtop) just called me and said that he read this thread and thought for someone who doesn't have any fake things, I sure do like fake boobs so my statement is somewhat misleading.

Therefore, in the spirit of full disclosure, let me amend my prior statement and say that while I don't own any fake watches, clothes, or cars, I do like fake boobs.

13. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Hahaha :D

14. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thanks for posting this video! I will be moving to the area in a month and seeing this got me even more excited for the warm weather and to meet people. I don't currently have a Ferrari and due to a career change may not for a while but they are one of the things that keep me going. Currently I have a 05 G35 Coupe 6M with light modifications.

15. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    thanks for watching! we'll see u out here this summer! still not quite sure where cars and coffee will be on satrudays, but everything will be updated on either the cars and coffee boulder thread, or the cars and coffee @ the great indoors - park meadows thread

16. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I would call them enhanced boobs. Fake would just be something weird.