(Denver) Best of 2012 Video. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Best of 2012 Video.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by vettesrule76, Dec 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbonvillain

dbonvillain Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
  2. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    sweet! i'll stay tuned to that site too. im also subscribed to your colorado car events site. that's where i found out about most shows during the end of 2012. hopefully work doesn't get in the way of me getting to go to some of these. that would be a drag

3. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Yellow F355 sounds the sickest!

4. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Should've left out the STI and Evo ;)

5. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    no way! the sti is my dream car!! screw the evo, you're right about that!!

ya that was at the fca 50th anniversary! it was louder in person, the video doesn't do justice!

6. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    I was behind the 355 sometime during the 50th anniversary drive in the mountains. It sounded amazing.

7. FourCam

FourCam Formula Junior

May 19, 2004
    Loveland CO
    Full Name:
    Cameron MacArthur
    Nice work! Get ready, first Saturday is almost here...

8. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    wow lucky you!! i was behind another 355 on my way home from the fca event, and it sounded amazing too! it was a red 355. i think the 355 is one of my favorite ferrari's in terms of sounds! but my number one favorite is the CS!!

thanks! Looks like the weather will be nice! almost 45 degrees and full of sunshine!

9. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    If your prefer the sound of sewing machines maybe...

10. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    your car was the loudest out of everything if i can remember right!! hahaha

11. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    It will have a little bit of silencer built into the megaphones this year. Not much but just enough to take a little crackle out of it. There are some great sounding F cars but I don't find 355s or 360s or even 430s to be very pleasant or mean sounding. An F50 at full tilt, now that's a proper sounding F car.

12. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    can't wait to hear it again at shows, your videos online are awesome too. maybe i was just saying those sound the best to me because those are the only Fcars i've heard revving up! i guess i'll have to wait to hear a rev from something rarer. where in the world will i be able to find an f50?!

13. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    These kind of things are subjective ;)

14. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Agreed

Here's the car the car that would go beside the GT40 in the garage should money become no object one day. It wouldn't be the Veyron. Wouldn't be some gaudy Lambo. Wouldn't even be a Pagani. It would be this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl3eK2QrDD0[/ame]

15. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Do you know if anyone in CO owns an F50?

16. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    There is one in Aspen, the owner also has an Enzo and F40.

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

No F40???

Well, if I had the cash for a second supercar I'd buy the black "F50k" without a second thought.

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    He blew up the motor in it and I believe sold it shortly thereafter. I could be wrong and he still has it.

19. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    I forgot I have some F50 pics :D
    Will post shortly in my FoD thread.

20. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    so many rare cars in colorado, doubt i'll ever see any. The f40 is checked off my list though!!

21. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    F40 is my second favorite of the modern F cars without a doubt. I never felt a thing for the Enzo or any of the V8 cars. They just don't have "it".

22. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    me too! the enzo doesn't get me, but i would like to see one in person, just to say i've seen one.

23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have to tell you: after driving or riding in all of the supercars, the F50 is the odd duck of the bunch. It feels a little buzzy but sounds glorious. It has a wonderful V12 but doesn't feel nearly as quick or dramatic as the F40 or posses the sheer power of the Enzo. It is still a "manual" feeling car - not all digital or assisted like the Enzo - but has that infamous dash which is renowned for very expensive electronic trouble. There's something special about it but not special like the F40 or 288. It's more luxurious than the F40 and more modern ergonomically than the 288 but not cushy by any means. It's hard to describe. It really is sort of like in no man's land. But the way that 12 cylinder feels and drives and the way the whole car operates is pretty awesome. It's just that when you line it up with the others, most people choose one of the other three over the F50. I certainly think the F40 is the best of the bunch and heads and shoulders above the F50 and others. However, no matter what people choose as their first choice (with their wallets) when it comes time for second supercar, they look for an F50. I know that if I can get one at some point in my life, I'll try to get one. They're cool and they're the perfect complement to a twin turbocharged monster like an F40.

24. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Very interesting. I've never even seen one in person. Sometimes a car just does it for you. Its like that for me with the GT40. There are far more modern and comfortable cars out there but every time I slide in and hit the button and hear it crackle to life, I know it is the car of my dreams. I've been pondering having a friend do a repaint for me. Not cheap to do it right which makes me waffle a bit and wonder if the color I'm thinking is really what I want. Its a $20k gamble I am still thinking about. Thoughts?

http://p2161.com/images/Green1.jpg

25. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    That GT40 is beautiful! Is it here in the Denver area?