Delta Wing projections? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Delta Wing projections?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by David Lind, Mar 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    i'm a fan of mechanical engineering over digital, and i'm intrigued now learning more in this vid about the cars particulars :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_INdbXMqsw[/ame]

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I agree and I dig the new concept behind the Delta Wing. If I may be honest I think there is too must old school mindset involved tet I have not made a conclusion if is the 'braintrust' behinf the series or just a failure to allow new concepts that are still within the rules.

I place not blame on anyone yet I do question if the series or this concept is being judged too harshly simply because of the extent and potential of its conception.

3. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Now why can't you make this same statement in Indy Car threads? This is exactly what we are talking about. "innovation". Or in Indy Cars case the lack there of!

4. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Because the DW does not race in IRL.

5. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    It could have. I don't want 33 of the things, I have that now. But having this and others like it would certainly offer one reason more to watch. Innovation is part of what keeps people interested.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree.

spec DW isn't interesting but with an open rules package at Indy/LeMans/etc, it's a great entry.

from what I hear it's going to be eligible in some form in the GA/ALMS combined series...not sure if it replaces PC or gets the BOP nod for some other prototype class.

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You know you confuse the f' out of me and most likely many others, good day.