Delivery schedule | FerrariChat

Delivery schedule

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cyr, Jan 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Hi folks, I am new to this site and new to Ferrari, so may post quite a few (to some, rather silly) questions.
    Ordered a Portofino mid January. Dealer said he had a slot reserved so may get the car by end April. I have registered on MyFerrari.com and the app but the only message I get is that it is on the "waiting list". Is that normal and any idea of when I may be able to get a real production date? Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - your (unknown) territory may affect the answer but it is likely others will have already posted a possible answer to this {and your other future questions) so it'll always be worth looking

Mid January is only a week ago so it is unlikely your car has gone into build - given how few Portofinos have been delivered to be honest I doubt you'll get an immediate build - more like April but 2021

At some stage your dealer (and later the app) will confirm once it is already in build

3. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Thanks for your reply. My location is The Netherlands. Dealer has told me it would be April as he had reserved a slot. I hope he was not just making a sales pitch!

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Car is on the waiting list until it's shipped is what I have been told. You have to check with the dealer to get status updates. If it has a VIN then you have a slot for production is my understanding.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Welcome.

The portal will not show the actual status. Like was said, your dealer needs to look that up.
    Not agreeing with Greyboxer about deliveries. Dealers are receiving Portos with no issue at this point and many have been delivered. Ask your dealer if the car is at Red 10. Before that, nothing happens. Red 10 is "Order Locked - No Change".
    A relative of mine who's a Level 2 client ordered a Porto in November, and he is still Green 10. The fact that your dealer has a slot simply means you're probably at Green 10 status waiting for Ferrari to lock it. I will be thrilled for you if you get it by the first half of Q2, but I will be a bit of a killjoy and say, don't plan your summer around it. This is Ferrari.Land and one thing si certain, and that is nothing is certain. Add to all of that the fact that a lot of dealers like to promise a bit more than they might actually be able to keep, in order to secure a sale.

Don't worry, you will get your Porto. It's a car anyone can walk in from the street and purchase and they are produced by the bucketload compared to the rest of the Ferrari line up. Just keep in mind that you might have to wait a bit longer than what your dealer might tell you - be patient. You can always lease a Cali T while you wait.

6. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Appreciate your reply. I also got the feeling the dealer was telling me what I wanted to hear to get the sale (more on that with the next few questions). Trouble is I can take delivery either by June or in October. :rolleyes: He wants me to trade in my current 911 on 1 April and will give me a Jaguar XE :eek: until the Porto arrives. He has given me good price on my 911 and wants to sell it before the summer as it is a cabriolet. Funny thing i choose the Porto over a DB11 because of the uncertainties, quirks and out-dated electronics of the Aston. Reading this chat site (got to page 10 only so far) leads me to think the Ferrari will be worse. Never mind, still looking forward to it.

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    If you want it now, buy a slightly used one at a discount to MSRP. Ours was untitled but it was a dealer spec which apparently dealers do a good bit of now. It wasn't the only 2020 for sale, they had a really nice Nero Daytona wih creme interior also. My Cali T HS was one that a buyer didn't take on delivery so I got it untitled. This happens with almost all their models now with a lot greater frequency than you would imagine.