Deciding between Mercedes ML and Range Rover Sport for the wife | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Deciding between Mercedes ML and Range Rover Sport for the wife

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by CRG125, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    +1. The Pilot is ridiculously underpowered.

Despite reliability issues, I'd opt for the RR Sport in this case. Especially in Supercharged trim; it's one of my favourite SUVs on the road.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Guess I'm just old but the Pilot moves pretty well for what it is. When I want to drive like I'm in a sports car, I drive a sports car. My big Range Rover is pretty slow too cost over twice as much and only seats 5.Never could understand the reason for a fast truck which is all these things ever were to me!

3. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Working with a dealer that has a good reputation. Actually the sales person really knows his stuff and is very helpful. Plus my business partner purchased a Jaguar and a Range Rover beginning of the year, so that helps. By the way they have some 2012 RR sport supercharged left which I can get a good deal on.

4. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    no plethora of purists pinning for a pilot!

5. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Fixed it for you.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    And the Cayenne will come in diesel to the USA next year.

7. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    I thought the diesel is already available in the US.

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I meant to say that the Panamera will come in diesel next year...

9. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    No and I completely get that, but I recently drove from Toronto to Manhattan and back in a 2012 MDX Elite (same powertrain as the Pilot) and found it an absolute slug. I'm not a purist by any means; I just find the Pilot/MDX to be fine SUVs with a great chassis that are held back by a wheezy engine. They need an update, badly.

10. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I'm certain the Cayenne is a very capable vehicle, but Porsche is sadly lacking in the looks department these days. Seriously. They just do nothing for me. Nor does the Panamera. Nor do some of the sportier line-up cars. Sad.

OTOH, Ferrari's FF is about as hideous as they come. So, insert shoulder shrug, I suppose.

CW

11. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    So my wife did a complete 180 and decided to buy the Cayenne S. She took delivery of it today and loves the car. I must say I like the way the car drives and the interior is very nice. I will post pictures in the next day as I am traveling. By the way BMW is taking my wife X5 back as per Lemon Law.