Decided to give my F355 Berlinetta some TLC..... | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Decided to give my F355 Berlinetta some TLC.....

Discussion in '348/355' started by 275GTB, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi Alex, I was very lucky with the HVAC panel, other than refinishing it, it eventually all worked ok - the problems i had were all in area of the heater/ventilation box under the front bonnet. I had intermittent fan problems - from memory this was solved by cleaning the earths and changing the big hidden fuse in the heater box - it was corroded rather than blown. I also had to change both actuator motors - the one for the top flap, which is a common problem, there is also one to the rear of the heater unit, from memory it controls a flap that runs along the back of the unit which is out of sight. I also changed the little valve on the side that switches the flow of hot fluid into the heater matrix. And recharged the aircon system.

I was very lucky, as years earlier I bought a complete heater box system from Tim at WalkerSport, he was stripping a 355 to make a race car - I got the whole working system for spares and just unbolted all parts as needed.

cheers Mark

2. Roysz

Roysz Rookie

Sep 2, 2021
    Camarillo CA,
    Full Name:
    Roy Torrence
  3. Roysz

Roysz Rookie

Sep 2, 2021
    Camarillo CA,
    Full Name:
    Roy Torrence
    Hello, I’m installing the 360 wheel in my 355 as you did, the air bag plug is different, did you splice the 360 plug to complete the install and did it trigger the air bag light?
    Thanks
    Roy

4. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi Roy, no from memory it was a direct fit, I didn't change any of the wiring. I just disconnected the battery when doing the work, then reconnected when finished, never had a warning light.

regards
    Mark

5. Roysz

Roysz Rookie

Sep 2, 2021
    Camarillo CA,
    Full Name:
    Roy Torrence
    Thanks for your quick reply! I must have a air bag from a different version of the 360 wheel.
    I did buy the air bag separate.
    Hopefully I can now find an air bag, it’s my hold up to enjoy the new steering wheel!
    Any suggestions on where to locate the correct airbag? I have a the exact same plug on my 355 that you have on your picture.
    Thanks again,
    Roy

6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    I have seen them come up on eBay occasionally, but I am in the UK and you are in the USA, I don't think you are allowed to post them overseas, as they are effectively an explosive device! Maybe Ferrari still stock them, given they are a consumable with an expiry date?

good luck with the search, I love the 360 wheel in my 355. well worth the effort.

If everything else is the same can you not just test fit it, patch the wires across and if it works splice it in more permanently? keep your head out of the way just in case something goes wrong!!!!

7. Roysz

Roysz Rookie

Sep 2, 2021
    Camarillo CA,
    Full Name:
    Roy Torrence
    Thanks sir!

8. M@r]{

M@r]{ Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark Nash
    Great read this, just been through start to finish. Close to pulling the trigger on one myself, so really interesting read although a little scary! Thanks for taking the time to post.

ShineKen and -K1- like this.